Thread: Ds165

Default Ds165

Pulled ds165. Wondering if anyone has any experience in the area. I got lucky in pulling a tag my first resident hunting year. Wanna do it right.

Welcome. Go to the top right of this page and type DS165 in the search box. Lots of good stuff. I was going to post a few links but there are many. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Coos County View Post
    Pulled ds165. I got lucky in pulling a tag my first resident hunting year.
    Might not be the best choice for a first post! You just made a bunch of folks mad Searching the archives like PWFT suggested is a real good start. Calling sheep biologists is another. And call flight services soon if flying in.

I think that anyone who draws that tag should research or talk to two guys. Joe Want and /or Chuck Moe.

Both are semiretired.

Quote Originally Posted by kaboku68 View Post
    I think that anyone who draws that tag should research or talk to two guys. Joe Want and /or Chuck Moe.

Both are semiretired.
    Or talk to that Female biologist in Glenallen, she knows that area, and whats in there like the back of her hand, I saw she and hubby drew a goat and a sheep tag for that area also.

It's a great unit albeit very very big. The potential is for getting dropped away from rams. Or having many parties hunting the same animals. Be ready to move like any other sheep hunt. Sheep rules apply, bring good optics and boots.

I know alot about that hunt, but sorry can't say much about it, as my son threw it too, we will be going in on the 14th of aug. it will be cool to hear how folks do in there later this fall!
    "Mountains are not fair or unfair, they are just dangerous" ~ Reinhold Messner

You've got the best tag in the state as far as I'm concerned. Me and my buddies have pulled quite a few rams out of there and some big ones at that. If i was to go i definitely wouldn't fly in ill tell ya that much.. Hunt smarter, not harder

I would.....fly for sure...Lee's Air Service.