Thread: Free arrows

Default Free arrows

Was cleaning out my garage today and found about 50 easton arrows. They are aluminum and from the mid 2000's most are in GREAT if not new with field tips and some broad heads. I used them for practice but no longer have a bow. I also found a box of blazer vanes. I know alot of people done use them anymore since carbon arrows hit the market but they are good for target practice or hunting if you still use them. I am in the North Pole area if anybody wants them shoot me a PM.

I shoot alum all day long

Last summer I allowed my project of adding onto this house to interfere with getting my kids archery shooting. Bad me. This summer I've promised 3 kids they'll all get as much archery range time in the back yard as they'd like. I have a couple of kid bows from an earlier kid that grew out of them and into adult equipment. The two things I am lacking is a target (but I can build one) and sufficient arrows. Any way to get some arrows down south here in the Valley? I could send $ for the shipping costs etc... ?? Thanks in advance for any help.

Familyman,
    One of the best targets I have is the free one I made.
    Fill a large burlap bag or giant trash bag (something sturdy) with old torn tarps, plastic shrink wrap from pallets, or other plastic wrap. Don't overstuff the bag, just fill till it's plump. Tie the top and your done.
    The arrows are easily stopped and they literally fall out vs. shooting into foam, straw bales or 3-d targets.
    The best part is the it's free!
    BK

Thumbs up Thanks, re: free/easy backyard archery target

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Familyman,
    One of the best targets I have is the free one I made.
    Fill a large burlap bag or giant trash bag (something sturdy) with old torn tarps, plastic shrink wrap from pallets, or other plastic wrap. Don't overstuff the bag, just fill till it's plump. Tie the top and your done.
    The arrows are easily stopped and they literally fall out vs. shooting into foam, straw bales or 3-d targets.
    The best part is the it's free!
    BK
    I love it. Easy, free materials; I have tons of junk tarps in various stages of ripped/disrepair that would be perfect to use like that, and I have tons of packing materials too.

One of the very best parts of your idea that I like is that my kids can make their own target; they'll like it better if they create it themselves (with my help and your directions that is - thanks and +1).

Family man pm me am address ill get you those arrows

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    I love it. Easy, free materials; I have tons of junk tarps in various stages of ripped/disrepair that would be perfect to use like that, and I have tons of packing materials too.

One of the very best parts of your idea that I like is that my kids can make their own target; they'll like it better if they create it themselves (with my help and your directions that is - thanks and +1).
    FM those targets work well with the plastic wrap and such.. When I used run the club in Kenai that is exactly what we used on the static range and it was great cause it was almost free and the weather didnt effect them too much either..

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    Family man pm me am address ill get you those arrows
    PM sent. Thank you.