Thread: looking for some local coyotes to kill

Default looking for some local coyotes to kill

I live in palmer and i go calling alot never had a coyote come in for me around here but fish and game says theres a pretty big population of them anybody got any good spots im wanting to go in the morning and i dont really wanna spend the day looking around for yotes
    I just wanna go to a place that actually has some.

Attachment 69261

I havent not had luck cause im not sneaky or smart enough i havent found an area with a population of coyotes i guess i should be talking to the bunny hunters .

Quote Originally Posted by kylejohnson View Post
    Attachment 69261

I havent not had luck cause im not sneaky or smart enough i havent found an area with a population of coyotes i guess i should be talking to the bunny hunters .
    Pssst....Kyle.....look down.

The valley coyote population is probably one of the most highly educated class of yotes in the state. Lots of people target them, they learn fast what to look listen and smell for. Your best bet is callin in the dark hours on a big moonlit flat. Easy to set up early in the night and bright enough to watch for any action. Usually in my exp. best hours have been between 2-5 AM. For later in the mornings, you need good visual stimulation like a decoy. An old winter killed moose can be a real treasure thanks to the birds, which in turn will draw in the predators. Jus stick with it, try different sets, plans of action, new areas that look promising. You'd be surprised where you can find a bunch of yotes. There is quite a pack near rocky lake nieghborhood in the big lake area

Release Lake Trout

Iv never tried that late maybe ill have to try that