Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saturn Kaboats

Sid PM sent Kurt

got it covered ,SID see your in box

Just noticed this thread, seem like nice inflatable, but still rafts and not canoe's, just curious why this is discussed under canoe forum and not raft forum......maybe i'm thinking too much this morning. Bud
    Wasilla

can't control where things start just go with the flow an try to help with a postive comment , bad spelling , some bad gramer
    but every one gets along , an have some fun spreading what knowleadge you have, as best you can , SID

A 15 ft X 50" Square stern is more an inflatable canoe than raft IMHO, at least that is what I thought when I started thread. Thanks Sid for the
    prop saver.

you are dreaming about a prop save, it saves the gear box a lot more , even throw I have dropped 2 gear boxes in my time [ long paddle]
    one down Tyone river , an one up 20 mile SID

PVC is pretty cheap stuff for running rivers. These look like a Metzler (now Grabner) knock-off. The rubber impregnated fabric on the Grabner will last a hell of a lot longer than the Chinese PVC. Our super cold water makes that PVC even more susceptible to damage. If you look at it as a disposable boat, than that would be realistic. You get what you pay for....

it is true you get what you pay fore but the they are not a bad boat for the money I think I am very happy with it
    I would liked to have a GREEN one , as I have a black one SID

The dealer claims that an 18 ft kaboat has been designed. this opens up alot of possibilities.

Default and for under a grand

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    The dealer claims that an 18 ft kaboat has been designed. this opens up alot of possibilities.
    And selling for just a grand (plus shipping)? Definitely interesting.
    http://www.boatstogo.com/kayaks_sk548.asp

Quote Originally Posted by kk alaska View Post
    S Costco has them
    So this was from last year at this time.....anyone seen them so far this year at Costco? Haven't been in town for a while.

You may want to contact Brian at AK Raft Connection. I think he's gearing up for Spring and they go fast. I have my name on two 15'OXLs when they come in.

The 15' OXL looks like a fine boat for 2 folks, some stuff and a 9.9 2 stroke.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

The 16 foot seems to me after owning one the limit on length I would want to go. A 18 foot would flex IMHO, the 15 foot Alaskan feels and handles just right no flex at all.

EDIT: posted to wrong thread by mistake... oops.

Is the 15' Alaskan now the 15' Outfitter? Will a short shaft work on these, or do they need to be a long shaft? I don't see where it is specified on the site.

http://www.saturnrafts.com/15-xl-alaska-kaboat.html

Yup, I have run a 2.5 suzuki 4 stroke, 6 hp Merc 4 stroke, and a 18 hp Nissan 2 stroke on my Kaboat....all short shafts and all worked fine.

that is a boat made for a short shaft motor [ 15" transom ] you can run a long shaft motor if you want , the only thing that will happen is the prop will stick down more an you will hit bottom more in shallow water , your choice SID
    PS I would stay with the short shaft motors [ $$$$$] you got them an the boat is made for them, they will have more weight an the only thing
    you would gain is spending more money

Any updates on the durability of these boats? What is a realistic packing size for the 15 Alaskan XL? I'm thinking about one for the plane. Thanks.
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
    Henry Ford

No issues at all on the 2 I have owned. Web site quotes (Shipping Size 51 x 28 x 12") would not be the easiest boat for a plane.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast