Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saturn Kaboats

Default Saturn Kaboats

S Costco has them
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do you know the prices??
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

$849 for the 15 foot Saturn Kaboat Outfitter which is $200 less than I paid for my 16 foot with no shipping.

All 30 of the Saturn Kaboats are sold.

Post if you bought a Kaboat please and your plans and mods. to the boat, plus outboard you plan to use.

I bought a 16' Kaboat last summer. It is currently getting urathane sprayed on the bottom of the floor and tubes. I plan to see how well it will run with a 20hp jet as soon as the water is open.

PM me when you plan on testing it would like to see how it does. Would put some D rings and straps to transom to lessen stress on transom.
    What is the weight of your 20 hp Jet?

kk, I plan to use a rowing frame to transfer the weight and torque to the tubes. I will be using my 20 hp Johnson jet which weighs 136 lbs. I am excited to give it a test ride in Fire Lake as soon as the ice is out. The bottom of the boat has very clean lines.

Only time will tell... I'll keep everyone posted.

Would love to see your rowing frame, seat height seems to be and issue my knees cramp up, floor is thick and seat is lo which stesses my knees on long runs. Want a rowing frame with a higher seat to make it more comfortable.

Todays Craigslist 8 HP Tohatsu 4 stroke 30 hrs use $900 http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/3796824345.html

Took the Kaboat on its maiden voyage finally, Finger lake had a frame built and 2 fish on seats. like it . 19 MPH with 2 people 9.8 HP Nissan 4 stroke. Throttled back quite a ways to 17 MPH cruise speed. Was able to adjust trim up 1 notch from the 16 ft Kaboat.

Bought 2 7 ft Catacraft Mini Magnum oars that work well. Ordered them from backcountry.com $87 each with wraps and stops and they shipped them US Mail priority for $22, Finally some one that will work with Alaskans on shipping!!

Very good speed.

Did you check the draft of both the boat and motor? Be interested in what those are. Thx.

2013-05-21_13-07-35_410.jpg2013-05-21_12-24-47_696.jpgMotor sticks down a ways draft is nothing like most flat air boats. Really like my motor carrier easy on the back and quite secure.

Been pretty impressed with mine thus far.

Used it out in snowy PWS last week for 6 days. Was able to get 6 mph at 1/3 throttle of my 2.5 hp Suzuki 4 stroke and 7.2 at WOT.

Burn under 1/2 gallon and went approx 23 miles according to the GPS on it...pretty affordable little rig to run for sure!

Got a 18 HP Nissan two stroke (weighs in at 90 lbs even) I look to try out soon.

Got the new 6 hp Merc 4 stroke on the Kaboat yesterday and today....WOT is 14 mph with me and Mrs. 1/2 throttle is about 11-12, 1/3 throttle is around 9-10....got to be going 8.5+ to stay on plane it appears. Much happier with this little motor than the 2.5...getting on plane will make up any loss in extra fuel burned by the 2.5 by being on top the water and going faster than doing the 6 mph push through the water at 3/4 throttle in the 2.5. Also like that its still only 55 pounds and I can easy get on step with it. Fun little boats indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Been pretty impressed with mine thus far.

Used it out in snowy PWS last week for 6 days. Was able to get 6 mph at 1/3 throttle of my 2.5 hp Suzuki 4 stroke and 7.2 at WOT.

Burn under 1/2 gallon and went approx 23 miles according to the GPS on it...pretty affordable little rig to run for sure!

Got a 18 HP Nissan two stroke (weighs in at 90 lbs even) I look to try out soon.

What model kaboat is this? Nice rig. Ever use it on the river?

Its the 15 foot Alaskan model, I used my 16 foot quite a bit on the Kenai River last year 17 MPH upstream with a 9.8 HP OB 4 stroke 3 people 500#
    load.

Luke 6 HP is probably a great fit your boat, in weight and performance, did you try the 18 HP?

It's very well proven with these narrow planing hulls.....they are highly efficient. Doesn't take much motor to get them up on step. It's virtually impossible to beat the versatility, price, and capability of a Kaboat in my opinion. Can't wait to plug a 6.5 copperhead onto an extended-transom Kaboat.

This is the Model number and specs. http://www.boatstogo.com/kayaks_sk470XL.asp

Quote Originally Posted by cjjeeper View Post
    What model kaboat is this? Nice rig. Ever use it on the river?
    As KK Alaska stated is the 470XL

Here is a good video overview of the model I have:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnL_E0Veo1A

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast