Thread: Liquor?

Default Liquor?

I'm fortunate to have more whiskey than I can drink. Is there a limit as to how much I can bring up there? I don't plan on selling it but I won't have time to drink it all up even with help before coming up there.

No limit on the ferry
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Default local laws prevail on that, in addition to travel laws

There are a few parts of Alaska that will lock you up for any, at all. Maybe somebody here has a link to a list of those dry communities, I don't. But I'd surely check with/about the exact community that you'll be moving into.

It would be an unhappy day if you had to leave your entire liquor stash in the hands of some unknown local Alaskan city person, just because you couldn't legally take it further into the bush where you were headed..... Hey,... I live it the city! Welcome!

PM me for the address of the Alaska Liquor Registry. You have to send it all there first, then it gets metered out to responsible individuals who are determined by the state to be allowed possession of such dangerous material.

How much of your liquor is Single Malt small batch?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If you're driving through Canada there is a limit on how much you can transport, no idea what the limit is though
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Here's a handy LINK

Q. How much liquor can I bring into Canada?
    A.
    You are allowed to bring in 24-12 oz. cans or bottles of beer or 40 oz liquor or 1.5 litres of wine free of duties and taxes. You must be 19 years of age to import alcohol into Ontario. Any amount in excess of 45 liters will not be allowed entry.

And here also is A LINK to some of our liquor laws.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Akheloce View Post
    PM me for the address of the Alaska Liquor Registry. You have to send it all there first, then it gets metered out to responsible individuals who are determined by the state to be allowed possession of such dangerous material.

How much of your liquor is Single Malt small batch?
    Ha! Perfect... I'll make the same offer. There aren't many state offices in Eagle River, but oddly enough the State Board of Whiskey Import is located there - right on my street, in fact!

Thanks for the replies. Glad I asked. Never thought about dry towns. I won't be going through Canada anyway due to their restrictions on some of my favorite toys. I'll make sure and have some samples ready for all the "officials."

Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Glad I asked. Never thought about dry towns. I won't be going through Canada anyway due to their restrictions on some of my favorite toys. I'll make sure and have some samples ready for all the "officials."
    All? With a statewide average population of one person per square mile, you'll find all Alaskan residents to be "officially" something or another...