Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Hunting Partner Wanted: Kodiak Brown Bear- Spring 2013, Spiridon Bay (DB250, DB251)

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Hunting Partner Wanted: Kodiak Brown Bear- Spring 2013, Spiridon Bay (DB250, DB251)

    Hello all,

    I am looking for a hunting partner for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. I have a Kodiak brown bear tag (DB250: South Spiridon Bay) for this spring. I already have transportation reservations for a Beaver with Jayhawk Air for April 29-May 14, but my partner had to back out due to work commitments. Now I'm solo. Ideally, I'd like to find a non-hunting partner who would be along for the adventure, but would be willing to consider teaming up for transport with another hunter who also has the DB250 or DB251 tags.

    A little about me:

    I am 31 years old, am a very ambitious hunter, and am easy to get along with. Hunting is my one true passion. I have taken two brown bears (both bears chose me on goat hunts), therefore I don't intend on taking another unless it is very large. I have taken at least one of every other game species in Alaska, with the exception of muskox. I typically fill the role as the "outfitter" and have organized many successful trips over the past decade. More importantly, everyone has always come home without injury. I hope I don't come across as arrogant as I feel I am actually quite modest. With every trip, I come home with a list of things that could use improvement.

    Plans thus far:

    The drop-off is scheduled for 8AM on April 29 on the south side of Spiridon Bay. I plan on bringing a 13' inflatable cataraft, motor, Titanium Goat tent w/ woodstove, pack-raft, dry suit, bear fence, and various other gear as needed. I intend on both hunting from shore and backpacking up the Spiridon drainage and floating out via pack raft. I have access to an extra pack raft and dry suit if needed.

    For a non-hunting partner, I'd be willing to pay for all transport, food, etc. from Anchorage as I'd really like to have someone along to share the good (and not so good) times on this epic Kodiak trip. I'd also be open to splitting transport costs if someone else has a tag for the Spiridon bay area (DB250 or DB251).

    If anyone is interested, please let me know so we can start planning. I am in Anchorage but could meet up anywhere within a few hundred miles of here.

    Thank you,

    Jason Walkush
    (907) 529 5922

  2. #2

    Default

    Geez if I didn't have work commitments I'd be all over this trip!!!!
    Truly an adventure of a lifetime! Enjoy it and kill a 10 footer

  3. #3
    Member mjm316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Hmmmm. Is Jayhawk a transporter out of Anch or are you flying commercial to Kodiak then chartering the Beaver?
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Oh boy...now you got me thinking.

  5. #5
    Member dieNqvrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kodiak
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjm316 View Post
    Hmmmm. Is Jayhawk a transporter out of Anch or are you flying commercial to Kodiak then chartering the Beaver?
    He prob meant Seahawk with Rolan.

  6. #6
    New member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dieNqvrs View Post
    He prob meant Seahawk with Rolan.
    Sorry folks, I meant Seahawk.

    Cheers!
    Jason

  7. #7
    Sponsor Duckhunter01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Anchorage, Trapper Creek, Seward
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Man..if I could just get out of here early...This is a smoking deal!..sure even a little spent on the non-hunter would be nice..got it..but good times for sure. I wish you luck man..and kill a big one.

    makes me think of...JAKE!!!!! Oh yeah..he is on the slope...
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Jason,

    Any luck with the partner?

  9. #9
    Member Roland on the River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waltermondale View Post
    Hello all,

    I am looking for a hunting partner for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. I have a Kodiak brown bear tag (DB250: South Spiridon Bay) for this spring. I already have transportation reservations for a Beaver with Jayhawk Air for April 29-May 14, but my partner had to back out due to work commitments. Now I'm solo. Ideally, I'd like to find a non-hunting partner who would be along for the adventure, but would be willing to consider teaming up for transport with another hunter who also has the DB250 or DB251 tags.

    A little about me:

    I am 31 years old, am a very ambitious hunter, and am easy to get along with. Hunting is my one true passion. I have taken two brown bears (both bears chose me on goat hunts), therefore I don't intend on taking another unless it is very large. I have taken at least one of every other game species in Alaska, with the exception of muskox. I typically fill the role as the "outfitter" and have organized many successful trips over the past decade. More importantly, everyone has always come home without injury. I hope I don't come across as arrogant as I feel I am actually quite modest. With every trip, I come home with a list of things that could use improvement.

    Plans thus far:

    The drop-off is scheduled for 8AM on April 29 on the south side of Spiridon Bay. I plan on bringing a 13' inflatable cataraft, motor, Titanium Goat tent w/ woodstove, pack-raft, dry suit, bear fence, and various other gear as needed. I intend on both hunting from shore and backpacking up the Spiridon drainage and floating out via pack raft. I have access to an extra pack raft and dry suit if needed.

    For a non-hunting partner, I'd be willing to pay for all transport, food, etc. from Anchorage as I'd really like to have someone along to share the good (and not so good) times on this epic Kodiak trip. I'd also be open to splitting transport costs if someone else has a tag for the Spiridon bay area (DB250 or DB251).

    If anyone is interested, please let me know so we can start planning. I am in Anchorage but could meet up anywhere within a few hundred miles of here.

    Thank you,

    Jason Walkush
    (907) 529 5922
    Well, if I wasn't 2 1/2 times your age, just recooperating from my 5th back surgery, i would just love one more trip to Kodiak.
    I wish you good luck both in finding a partner and having a great hunt.

  10. #10
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    Deal of a lifetime for sure. It would be perfect for Mountaingirl to get her feet wet in Alaska.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Deal of a lifetime for sure. It would be perfect for Mountaingirl to get her feet wet in Alaska.
    If she can tolerate 2 weeks in the bush, then she would with out a doubt be a keeper.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •