Thread: Hunting Partner Wanted: Kodiak Brown Bear- Spring 2013, Spiridon Bay (DB250, DB251)

Default Hunting Partner Wanted: Kodiak Brown Bear- Spring 2013, Spiridon Bay (DB250, DB251)

Hello all,

I am looking for a hunting partner for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. I have a Kodiak brown bear tag (DB250: South Spiridon Bay) for this spring. I already have transportation reservations for a Beaver with Jayhawk Air for April 29-May 14, but my partner had to back out due to work commitments. Now I'm solo. Ideally, I'd like to find a non-hunting partner who would be along for the adventure, but would be willing to consider teaming up for transport with another hunter who also has the DB250 or DB251 tags.

A little about me:

I am 31 years old, am a very ambitious hunter, and am easy to get along with. Hunting is my one true passion. I have taken two brown bears (both bears chose me on goat hunts), therefore I don't intend on taking another unless it is very large. I have taken at least one of every other game species in Alaska, with the exception of muskox. I typically fill the role as the "outfitter" and have organized many successful trips over the past decade. More importantly, everyone has always come home without injury. I hope I don't come across as arrogant as I feel I am actually quite modest. With every trip, I come home with a list of things that could use improvement.

Plans thus far:

The drop-off is scheduled for 8AM on April 29 on the south side of Spiridon Bay. I plan on bringing a 13' inflatable cataraft, motor, Titanium Goat tent w/ woodstove, pack-raft, dry suit, bear fence, and various other gear as needed. I intend on both hunting from shore and backpacking up the Spiridon drainage and floating out via pack raft. I have access to an extra pack raft and dry suit if needed.

For a non-hunting partner, I'd be willing to pay for all transport, food, etc. from Anchorage as I'd really like to have someone along to share the good (and not so good) times on this epic Kodiak trip. I'd also be open to splitting transport costs if someone else has a tag for the Spiridon bay area (DB250 or DB251).

If anyone is interested, please let me know so we can start planning. I am in Anchorage but could meet up anywhere within a few hundred miles of here.

Thank you,

Jason Walkush
    (907) 529 5922

Geez if I didn't have work commitments I'd be all over this trip!!!!
    Truly an adventure of a lifetime! Enjoy it and kill a 10 footer

Hmmmm. Is Jayhawk a transporter out of Anch or are you flying commercial to Kodiak then chartering the Beaver?
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Oh boy...now you got me thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by mjm316 View Post
    Hmmmm. Is Jayhawk a transporter out of Anch or are you flying commercial to Kodiak then chartering the Beaver?
    He prob meant Seahawk with Rolan.

Quote Originally Posted by dieNqvrs View Post
    He prob meant Seahawk with Rolan.
    Sorry folks, I meant Seahawk.

Cheers!
    Jason

Man..if I could just get out of here early...This is a smoking deal!..sure even a little spent on the non-hunter would be nice..got it..but good times for sure. I wish you luck man..and kill a big one.

makes me think of...JAKE!!!!! Oh yeah..he is on the slope...
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Jason,

Any luck with the partner?

Quote Originally Posted by waltermondale View Post
    Hello all,

I am looking for a hunting partner for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. I have a Kodiak brown bear tag (DB250: South Spiridon Bay) for this spring. I already have transportation reservations for a Beaver with Jayhawk Air for April 29-May 14, but my partner had to back out due to work commitments. Now I'm solo. Ideally, I'd like to find a non-hunting partner who would be along for the adventure, but would be willing to consider teaming up for transport with another hunter who also has the DB250 or DB251 tags.

A little about me:

I am 31 years old, am a very ambitious hunter, and am easy to get along with. Hunting is my one true passion. I have taken two brown bears (both bears chose me on goat hunts), therefore I don't intend on taking another unless it is very large. I have taken at least one of every other game species in Alaska, with the exception of muskox. I typically fill the role as the "outfitter" and have organized many successful trips over the past decade. More importantly, everyone has always come home without injury. I hope I don't come across as arrogant as I feel I am actually quite modest. With every trip, I come home with a list of things that could use improvement.

Plans thus far:

The drop-off is scheduled for 8AM on April 29 on the south side of Spiridon Bay. I plan on bringing a 13' inflatable cataraft, motor, Titanium Goat tent w/ woodstove, pack-raft, dry suit, bear fence, and various other gear as needed. I intend on both hunting from shore and backpacking up the Spiridon drainage and floating out via pack raft. I have access to an extra pack raft and dry suit if needed.

For a non-hunting partner, I'd be willing to pay for all transport, food, etc. from Anchorage as I'd really like to have someone along to share the good (and not so good) times on this epic Kodiak trip. I'd also be open to splitting transport costs if someone else has a tag for the Spiridon bay area (DB250 or DB251).

If anyone is interested, please let me know so we can start planning. I am in Anchorage but could meet up anywhere within a few hundred miles of here.

Thank you,

Jason Walkush
    (907) 529 5922
    Well, if I wasn't 2 1/2 times your age, just recooperating from my 5th back surgery, i would just love one more trip to Kodiak.
    I wish you good luck both in finding a partner and having a great hunt.

Deal of a lifetime for sure. It would be perfect for Mountaingirl to get her feet wet in Alaska.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Deal of a lifetime for sure. It would be perfect for Mountaingirl to get her feet wet in Alaska.
    If she can tolerate 2 weeks in the bush, then she would with out a doubt be a keeper.