View Poll Results: do you hunt with a muzzle loader?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes all the time

6 16.22%
  • Special seasons only

17 45.95%
  • No

7 18.92%
  • I have an interest at least

7 18.92%

Thread: Do you hunt with a muzzleloader?

Default Do you hunt with a muzzleloader?

Trying to get an idea of how many of us use muzzleloaders for hunting, or would like to. Im not seeing much views over in the ML forum, also Im wondering if the lack of interest in this method has something to do with the lack of ML supplies up here.
    Im gonna put down special seasons only, but am planning on using it for spring blackies over bait and possibly for deer on montague.

I have a .54 Lyman GPR that I plan to use for hunting, but I have a ways to go getting it tuned up for a hunt.

I also have to extract myself out of Aleutian Hell so I can get a muzzleoader class out of the way for special hunts.
    Now what ?

Wink

Yes, I have, but the only animal that I have had in my sights, a large doe on the run,the gun misfired! It was an old type 58 cal hawken, Cabelas. So much for my extensive muzzleloader experiences!
    ; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 SAMUEL 2;30

Default Yup!

TC Encore .50 cal....fun to shoot.

Used to hunt white tail and bear with a 54 cal hawken back in Michigan but haven't used one in years. My buddy Fritz hunts with flint locks exclusively, in fact he doesnt use anything in the field that didn't exist pre 1800. He also has a match lock that I shot a couple of times, really different experience lots of smoke and fire and a major delay between trigger pull and firing.

I have a new pro hunter sitting here awaiting arrival of its new 50 cal barrel as well as various bullets and sabots on the way also. Im also going to try the small rifle conversion also, since I cant seem to find a reliable source of triple 7 primers
    Now If I could just get some black mag powder?