Thread: argo avenger loading moose

Default argo avenger loading moose

I had a 81 argo I could flip the winch around and run the cable out the back.Then hook on to the head and start winching it in once the head got over the back the rest of the body would just flop in and way we go.I just pick up a 09 avenger it has a higher hood and different angel compared to the old one.The new one has a push bar I was thing of making a recieve on top of push bar where I can pin the winch up higher and run the cable out the back and put a roller on the seat bracket. We have done this for years and works great because we end up floating across lots of beaver ponds on the way back to the trucks.Do any of you do it this way PS this is my frist post and I value your guys in puts.Do any of you have a plate in front of the argo to cover up the ribs so sticks do not go through the hall.

welcome to the boards man! I love argos, and i love avengers, but most folks up here use meat wagons.... floating "tubs" on wheels. Though canadian moose are amazing.... the moose breed up here is slightly larger.... I know of no one that has a skid plate past the argo one... what do you mean by "rib" please post up some pics... i dont know what "rib" you speak off in an avenger....

Post up your question here too:

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-atvs/

Cheers buddy!!!

Im a tard!!!! u already did HAHAHAHAH

Quote Originally Posted by Spookum View Post
    welcome to the boards man! I love argos, and i love avengers, but most folks up here use meat wagons.... floating "tubs" on wheels. Though canadian moose are amazing.... the moose breed up here is slightly larger.... I know of no one that has a skid plate past the argo one... what do you mean by "rib" please post up some pics... i dont know what "rib" you speak off in an avenger....

Post up your question here too:

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-atvs/

Cheers buddy!!!

Im a tard!!!! u already did HAHAHAHAH
    I don't know anything about our moose being larger bodied than Canadian ones but I have seen a video on youtube of a guy loading a bison in his Argo in Canada just like seantoni described. Pretty neat to see but not too sure I would want to be floating across a beaver pond with that much weight in the rig?

The little ribs on the very fornt of the argo above the skid plate and between the bumper right in the middle of body.I have heard of beaver sticks getting damed in there and going through the hall at the right angle it is hard for them to glance off.I have seen them on other argo before.

what about a A frame with a roller that would keep the cable off the cab (if you have one)

I was going to run with the window off make it so the winch will be up high enough to clear the dash and put a roller on the seat bars and hope for the best.