Thread: Training partners?

Default Training partners?

I was wondering if anyone would like to meet up this spring around the gravel pits (jewel lake) to train after this 12 week class is over?
    I'm not looking to train for field trial. Just work on stuff we are doing in class and move forward from that.

My goal is to have my dog ready for this season for duck hunting.. ultimate goal would be to run doubles.

I'm now also entertaining the idea of running him in a hunt test.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Wink

Uh oh, don't do it, you'll become addicted. You and the dog will addicted. Pretty soon one dog won't be enough and you'll get another, then a new truck, dog box, new guns, popper pistol, training birds, flyers, bumpers, wingers ................................

Join a 12 step program to get off the addiction before it's to late!!

"Hello, I'm Alaska Gray and I'ma up n'commin' addict."

Dang !!! I wish I knew of this detox program earlier in my life. Now I'm afraid it's too late for me. I'm a goner.
    GUNS UP !!!!! Dog to the line !!!!!

Uh oh, don't do it, you'll become addicted. You and the dog will addicted. Pretty soon one dog won't be enough and you'll get another, then a new truck, dog box, new guns, popper pistol, training birds, flyers, bumpers, wingers ................................
    Im still in denial................Im not a retriever junkie, Im not a retriever junkie, Im not a retriever junkie.......LOL
    Jesse
    HR SHR JR's Gunny Dog "Ermey"
    SR JR's Marsh Mangling Mindy
    SR JR's LNR Thicket Thrashing Trixie

I think I'm beyond recovery now.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

The real question is whether the dog enjoys the training sessions more than the owner. Maybe the dog and owner both are the addicts here....

Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    The real question is whether the dog enjoys the training sessions more than the owner. Maybe the dog and owner both are the addicts here....
    He hasn't told me yet that he hates it.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

The dogs don't care if it's training or an event. Sometimes certain dogs are definitely more addicted than the trainer/handler. You just have to make sure those dogs don't overdose. Lol. Boy it shows when they do.

I would love to come train with u but I live in the valley and work 7 /12 s so my training will be short this year don't have anyone in the valley I can train with

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    I was wondering if anyone would like to meet up this spring around the gravel pits (jewel lake) to train after this 12 week class is over?
    I'm not looking to train for field trial. Just work on stuff we are doing in class and move forward from that.

My goal is to have my dog ready for this season for duck hunting.. ultimate goal would be to run doubles.

Cant make the classes but iam sure guy would like to do something new. I work in anchorage, live in chugiak, my days off are wens-thurs. Let me know

I work a week on and week off.
    I'm up to meeting. I'm getting to the point now in his training where I need to start using another person. Tried having my kids help. That failed big time. Though can't blame two 6 year olds for wanting to play.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    I work a week on and week off.
    I'm up to meeting. I'm getting to the point now in his training where I need to start using another person. Tried having my kids help. That failed big time. Though can't blame two 6 year olds for wanting to play.

Thats where iam at also

Jerryl

I live in the valley also, I would be happy to meet up and train with you. I have a 1 1/2 year old female chessie. I have been doing all my own training and am at a point that I don't know where to go from here. I am willing to help out wherever with your dog just so I can learn a few things. Mine does well for a basic retriever but I would like to improve her.