Thread: Insurance premiums?

Default Insurance premiums?

Anybody else's premium take a drastic jump lately?

Mine is around $1700 per year. Up $150 from last year.

Mine actually went down on everything I insure...didn't ask why...was just happy to pay less.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

What type of boat do u have that you pay 1700.00 a year. My boat INS stayed the same but everything else went up and i am using Alstate, I hinted around if it goes up again i will be looking for someone else.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Mine went up about $220 a year. I am around $1500 a year now. Apparently Allstate has a new discount program and you look 10% of your discount every year, plus the rate changes affect it. Considering doing some shopping.
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

We had Safeco and it quadrupled. And for no reason.........we made some changes.

Charterboat Operator

Charter Lakes, and mine actaully went DOWN dissapearing deductible. think they do private as well, just sayin

Last year we switched to Anchor Marine Insurance. We now have $1mil liability coverage and the rate was cheaper than our $300K policy with BoatUS. I just got the bill for this year's premiums, and they went down 5% from last year.

Here is their website: http://www.anchormarineinsurance.com/

Or you can call Greg Mercer, locally, at Alaska Waters Consulting (907) 339-9394.
    http://www.alaskawatersconsulting.co..._insurance.htm

State Farm, boat and trailer was insured for $70K plus $10K in extras. Liability was $300K. Even though we just sold the boat received a notification to renew, premium stayed about the same at $550 for a year.

My rates stayed the same with Allstate. $1700.00 ouch!!!! i thought $450.00 was high.....
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

I have a Cook Inlet gillnetter with two deck hands
    Quote Originally Posted by sweepint View Post
    What type of boat do u have that you pay 1700.00 a year. My boat INS stayed the same but everything else went up and i am using Alstate, I hinted around if it goes up again i will be looking for someone else.

I switched to Anchor Marine last year and saved about $700.00 a year for comparable coverage after Allstate nearly doubled mine

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmysgirl View Post
    I switched to Anchor Marine last year and saved about $700.00 a year for comparable coverage after Allstate nearly doubled mine
    I'm going to have to check them out. BoatUS claims they applied a blanket raise to all policy holders (some more than others) due to the number of claims last year from named storms. Too bad those don't affect us and we have less boating time than the lower 48... aggravates the heck out of me to be included in a blanket increase from something that doesn't even affect me.

I have Allstate and I am paying $876 for $135,000 coverage. At least I did last year. I'd better double-check...

I have been with Alstate for 20yrs and in the last two years they have gone up over 300.00 on my house in AK. The boat has not gone up but i have continued to drop more and more on the boat and raised my deductable to keep the yearly down. Everytime something happens in the US... Alstate does a blanket rate hike.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Airboat for $75k coverage with Allstate is $450-
    Ocean boat for $100k coverage is $550-
    Both $500- deductable's, no increase as of yet......
    I need to look at Charter Lakes cause when you have a claim with Allstate they don't have a rep up here to look at your boat. They handle it out of Seattle and they suck.
    BK

I am with Allstate, have had two claims, handled amazingly well, all I did was send them pictures and then have one professional estimate for repairs and they sent a check. My local Allstate office is in Valdez, claims was in Seattle as above...very great service. Even with two claims, I am paying $1200/yr for about $100K coverage, plus I have $600 emergency service (out of gas? need towed? etc.) with no deductible. Haven't gotten the bill for next year though, mine renews in June.

Well I havebeen with Allstate for about 10 years. I've always been happy until resently.We purchased a boat about four months ago and took out a boat policy with themlike always. Situation changed and was looking for a different kind of a policyso ask for a quote. After all the quotes came in Allstate was the highest so wewent with another company. Our Allstate agent from Kodiak said we would begetting a refund because we paid 50% of the annual premium up front and madeseveral other monthly payments. We had about 75% of the yearly premium paid.Well instead of a refund we got another bill. Turns out we are responsible for80% of the annual premium even though we have only owned the boat for fourmonths. Just out of principal we will be shopping for Home vehicle and boat.

To all who can check USAA, they will not do any commercial. No questions on claims other then the cost of repair,

USAA insures through Progressive for boats.
    Just called the other day.
    BK