Thread: Anybody have Federal 300WSM 180 barnes in stock?

Question Anybody have Federal 300WSM 180 barnes in stock?

Trying to find some Federal 300WSM 180 Barnes Triple Shock (P300WSMF). I understand the round is discontinued, but I would like to stock up if there are any left. I have a few other options to get these, but they are not good options and would prefer to grab some locally if I can.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Trying to find some Federal 300WSM 180 Barnes Triple Shock (P300WSMF). I understand the round is discontinued, but I would like to stock up if there are any left. I have a few other options to get these, but they are not good options and would prefer to grab some locally if I can.
    Dang. I had two boxes of that sitting around for about six years, when I accidentally ordered them from Cabela's instead of the 300 Win Mag version I was intending to order. I just finally gave them away to a local with a 300 WSM rifle about ten days ago. i would have sent it to you if I had known.

Are you looking for a Federal Premium 180gr loading, or the 180gr TSX more generally, or do you need a Federal loading of the 180gr TSx in particular?

I assume that Federal Premium's 180gr loading with the "Copper-Tipped Boat Tail Lead-Free" bullet, which is available and I assume replaced the FP 180gr TSX loading, is probably pretty similar. Also, Winchester loads a 180gr E-Tip thingy, which also is probably pretty similar.

I have a couple rifles in 300wsm and I switched over to the Fed 180 tsx last year because it flew so good out of all the rifles. Since they discontined Barnes bullets, I want to stock up if I can find it. Just found out that Boonedock's distributor had some, so I ordered 5 boxes which should be here today. I also tracked some down in the lower 48 that I can mail order to family and pick up next time I'm down there, but that won't be till after hunting season.

I did shoot the Winchester 180 xp3s for a while, but the Federal/barnes were even better.

I really just need to get into reloading, yeah, I know.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.