Thread: Fly Fishing Film Festival in Juneau March 26th

Default Fly Fishing Film Festival in Juneau March 26th

Juneau folks -

Join Trout Unlimited Alaska program, America's Salmon Forest, and Juneau Fly Fishing Goods in the 1st annual showing of the International Fly Fishing Film Festival on Tuesday, March 26th at the Goldtown Nickelodeon! Tickets are available for $15 at Juneau Fly Fishing Goods (in the Senate building downtown), and all proceeds go to the continuing effort to conserve high-quality salmon and trout spawning and rearing habitat in Alaska’s Tongass National Forest.

The International Fly Fishing Film Festival (IF4) consists of short and feature length films produced by professional and amateur filmmakers from all corners of the globe, showcasing the passion, lifestyle and culture of fly-fishing. From enormous trout in New Zealand and the amazing “salmon forest” of Alaska’s Alexander Archipelago, to spring creeks in Montana and giant sheefish in Alaska, the variety of films at this event are sure to pique the interest of all anglers. IF4 contains exclusive content not available in any other fly-fishing film event.

For previews of the featured films in this year's IF4, take a look at http://flyfilmfest.com/IF4/

To see a preview of Southeast Alaska's own "The Last Salmon Forest”, go to

Doors open at 6pm, and the show starts at 7 - there are a bunch of door prizes and there will be a cash raffle for a few big prizes, including a whole pile of flylines!

Come on down and check out some cool fly fishing films for a good cause - see you there!

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

Hey G,

When is the Wasilla show? Palmer? Talkeetna? Not even anything on the website for Anchorage yet. They're going to Rochester, NY but not southcentral Ak? bummer.

Juneau fly fishing goods is a cool shop, hope to make it back there sometime.
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

Scott - The anchorage show is this coming Thursday at the Bear Tooth. There are two shows - 5:30 and 8:30. They always sell out early, so get 'em online if you're planning on going.

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Scott - The anchorage show is this coming Thursday at the Bear Tooth. There are two shows - 5:30 and 8:30. They always sell out early, so get 'em online if you're planning on going.
    That's the f3t, I will be there at the 5:30. I think g_smolt telling us about the if4 is a different set of films, different organization. Seems they had it at the bear tooth last year too, a few weeks after the show I saw you at.
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

Whoops! Right you are, sir. I don't know the dates, but the girl at the ticket counter a couple weeks ago told us there would be a second show this year as well - sometime in April or May, I think.