Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A few good signs the shortage is getting better

Default A few good signs the shortage is getting better

I was at a Cabelas today in MN and they had a few lower prides AR's on the shelf as well as 9mm Blazer Brass in stock for 14.99 a box. They also had a lot of rifle powder on the shelf. 4350,4198,4320,4831,3031 and a few more as well. No .22lr and no primers but at least a few things are coming around

No signs of improvement here in midwest, I have 5 major stores in Spfd,IL. to shop at and I have not seen 1 box of 22's, 223's 9mm, 45etc at ANY of them since Christmas... A co-worker bought a 22 revolver two weeks ago ( at Scheels Store ), and the salesman brought out 2 bricks of 500 ea for him at $65.00 saying they are keeping some ammo for gun buyers only!
    Read an article ( not sure its true ) that Soros owns enough of the big manufacturers, and he has told them to fill only gov't contracts in an effort to put us shooters out of business by simply manipulating the markets. With his wealth it could be done and he is VERY anti gun. There are some AR's showing up, but you had better be there same day as they are gone by nightfall. Powder supplies are pretty good but ole Gearge Soros has little to do with that part of the business.

Not sure what to believe, but pretty scary when you can't find most ammo supplies for over 3 months now...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

If you are at SW or Three Bears at just the right time you'll leave with some ammo.
    I think the manufacturers are beginning to catch up, however, as the demand/supply aspect of economics is still in effect. Policy will have a great influence on what and how much is produced, however; if it isn't profitable or is too risky, it won't be produced.

I believe things are getting better also. I just purchased 300 Combined Technologies 180gr Ballistic Tip from Shooters Pro Shop and they were not blemishes or seconds, they were perfectly new bullets that were on sale for just over 17.00 for a 100 count, due to an over run, go figure. What is interesting is that Shooters Pro Shop has other caliber bullets for sale due to over run.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

sayak:
    What would be the risk?

Why wouldn't it be profitable?

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

You can buy goood metal 30rd AR mags in Wrangell for fifteen bucks. Just put a flash hider on my Mossin and camo-ed the stock so I have joined the ugly gun club.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I meant to say 17.00 for a 50 count not 100 count sorry.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Got a big order from Hawk no problem....30 and 44 cal. Good bullets too.

I was in Walmart the other day and was surprised to see a box of 45 colt on the shelf. I didn't buy them as they were over $56......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    sayak:
    What would be the risk?

Why wouldn't it be profitable?

SOTN
    If I answered those questions Smitty, you might call me a conspiracist.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Just put a flash hider on my Mossin and camo-ed the stock so I have joined the ugly gun club.
    Sounds like you're gonna start a Wrangell Militia, Will.

I'm not sure Soros can manipulate the ammo market that easily. There are apparently quite a few ammo businesses and some are a home biz that buys used brass and reloads for sale.
    In the good ol USA, any holes in a supply line are often filled by new businesses.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

In the local stores there's still no primers, no rifle powders, no "handgun" powders, no .224 bullets, few .308 bullets, few handgun bullets, and very little brass. There are a few black powder type powders and a few shotgun powders. I did score several boxes of Speer .270/150 Deepcurl on sale! Pickings are still pretty thin.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    If I answered those questions Smitty, you might call me a conspiracist.
    That sounds "Exciting".

Don't most conspiracies have some basis in truth?

I ain't affeared of'em.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

The following is my opinion and what I feel will be the outcome of what has happened since Obama was elected the first time. Please do not take any part of this personal. This is not about anyone person, but simply where I think we all are and will end up.

The gun and ammo market has never been a predictable place to do business and never will. Hopefully the manufactures have laid by in store (saved and invested the profits) for the glutted market that they have helped feed in ramping up production, knowing when the shelves start to fill again, people will continue to buy what they find and not just because some panic, but for other reasons I will lay out in a minute. And one other thing they know is that people aren't going to stop buying even when the market is completely glutted.

Most merchants saw for the most part this buying everything up buy the public and pretty much knew this would continue to happen for a while - and that there would be a time when the factories would not meet the demand and hopefully they have put a good percentage of their newly found profit in a saving account or have invested it or put it back into the business. I believe many have done one of the above mentioned things and they will survive the glutted market even when some since of normal returns. But you will never see normal as it was defined before Obama became president, because as long as folks have money they will continue to buy because they don't want to get caught again not having the products they want for whatever the reasons are that caused there to be a shortage.

Manufactures will balance their manufacturing and will be able to do so because of the fact that people will keep buying guns and ammo at a greater rate than before Obama was elected the first time. As long as we have the 2nd amendment in place and not over turned, Americans will continue to buy guns, ammo and components, because we have this appetite for these things and as long as we have money it will be spent on this industry and even more so in the years to come. People will shoot more, more will join the sport and more people will continue to buy keeping their personal stocks of ammo, guns and related items so they are never again without.

This trend I believe will go on for at least another ten years to twenty years. The gun and ammo industry will be a lucrative business to be in for years to come and businesses just need to be patience. I believe it is going to get good for this industry even when other industries are and will suffer due to our economy that is struggling to recover.

Manufactures will produce more for a while, but will not continue at present levels of production, they have figured all this in, they know what is happening and what will pretty much happen. They have saved, invested and have set a limit on their production goals. The only thing that bumps this up much is government contracts and they are not unlimited contracts.

The manufactures know that the present events and those events since Obama came into office, people will not soon forget what has happened and will continue to keep their stock of supplies at present or close to present levels because of what they have experienced.

This is not the end of the industry, nor is it the end of the glut by the American people. They will continue to buy even when things get back to or close to normal levels. As long as the second amendment stays in place and Americans have money, they will support the industry and keep it in business. They will for at least the next ten to twenty years never be without these products again. They will shoot and immediately replace what they shot and will continue to buy guns of all kinds for a lot of reasons, but mainly they will not be without them anymore, we love our guns for many reasons.

Unless the dollar collapses the gun and ammo business will thrive, but if the dollar goes south it will not only be the gun and ammo industry that fail, but so will many other kinds of industry fail. If the dollar collapses the American people will not be able to purchase much of anything. I am not worried at all as long as the 2nd amendment is in place and my dollar can still have purchasing power. Actually whether Obama knew it or not (and I don't believe he did) he has helped the industry and as long as he continues his insane policies the gun and ammo industry along with the public will be the BENEFICIARY.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

I've seen large amounts of .223/9mm/.40/.45 in the last week. I still know where you can buy .22lr on the shelf too! I bought powder last week that I couldn't get a month ago, .223 bullets have showed up on my door step in the past week.

I agree if you know where to look its starting to get better. I bet were still 4 months from "relatively normal" but its better.

Primers still elude me...

I think folks now understand no matter who is in office our government may try to take away our rights.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Well said beartooth. I happen to agree that as long as the 2nd Ammendment is in place Americans will continue to buy guns and related items.

Quote Originally Posted by beartooth View Post

This is not the end of the industry, nor is it the end of the glut by the American people. They will continue to buy even when things get back to or close to normal levels. As long as the second amendment stays in place and Americans have money, they will support the industry and keep it in business. They will for at least the next ten to twenty years never be without these products again. They will shoot and immediately replace what they shot and will continue to buy guns of all kinds for a lot of reasons, but mainly they will not be without them anymore, we love our guns for many reasons.
    Sounds to me like the pursuit life, liberty, and happiness (property).
    Hope it stays that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    That sounds "Exciting".

Don't most conspiracies have some basis in truth?

I ain't affeared of'em.

SOTN
    True, fear is debilitating. Caution is sensibility.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast