Thread: Aperture

Default Aperture

I am having a problem holding a good solid group at 50yds and 60yds pin. Might this be due to needing a smaller peep sight? What is your aperture size?
    Bob

Become one with Nature......... Then Marinade it.

What is your groups doing ? Left , right , all over , what ?

Mike !!!
    Last edited by akgrizz; 05-10-2007 at 09:04. Reason: fat fingers

There Just Not As Tight As I Would Like Them To Be. Last Year I Had A Different Bow And Had A 4" Group At 60yds. My New Bow Has A Slightly Larger Aperture, But I Did Not Think It Would Have Any Effect.
    Bob

Become one with Nature......... Then Marinade it.

Archerbob, Peep sight shouldn't matter, your eye always finds the center of the circle. Now why do you ask do they have smaller peeps on target bows? Thats because they want to see less of whats around the target.

Default long shooting

I am uncomfortable shooting past 40 yards, and haven't messed with apertures on my bow. But, if you ask anybody that's shot iron sights on the AR platform which aperture they choose, it's almost always the smaller one for better accuracy in good light. Sure, your eye will find the center on a large aperture, but it centers on a smaller aperture better.

I'm no expert with a bow, but the smaller aperture makes a HUGE difference on a rifle. Logic would tell me the same would be true on a bow.