Thread: Hey peninsula guys...

Default Hey peninsula guys...

... We fished Willow Lake (off Nest Lake) and only caught dinky rainbows all day. This is a lake that has always given us a lot of nice fish. Anybody else have the same experience this year?

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    ... We fished Willow Lake (off Nest Lake) and only caught dinky rainbows all day. This is a lake that has always given us a lot of nice fish. Anybody else have the same experience this year?
    I have never fished that lake. On other lakes it has been real slow the last few times I have gotton out.
    I have caught some nice fish this winter on other lakes though.
    One of my last times out I lost one that would have easily gone 24"+. Lost it trying to get it out of the hole.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Wink

Rumor has it that the little 'uns taste just as good or better than the big 'uns . . 'specially when fried crisp and served with fried okra.

Attachment 69057

Unfortunately, John, the law says otherwise (though my wife wondered how they would be in a mess of boiled fish- Eskimo style). I must admit, we made one eagle very happy yesterday.

Chris, I have brought up some big really ones through the hole at Skilak this year, most of which I turned back due to size restriction, and I have landed a really nice kokanee at Spirit the other day amongst a bunch of more diminutive members of that tribe. I pickled the little ones and we ate the big one roasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Rumor has it that the little 'uns taste just as good or better than the big 'uns . . 'specially when fried crisp and served with fried okra.
    They all taste fine to me. My wife likes to roll them in seasoned cornmeal and fry them and man is it good.
    The fried okra on the other hand..... I believe I would rather gnaw on a 2x4 taste the same to me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    They all taste fine to me. My wife likes to roll them in seasoned cornmeal and fry them and man is it good.
    The fried okra on the other hand..... I believe I would rather gnaw on a 2x4 taste the same to me anyway.
    Ah, Chris, I forgot you were married now! Congratulations! Are you home now? We never seem to connect...

Ah, Chris, I forgot you were married now! Congratulations! Are you home now? We never seem to connect...
    Nope I leave the slope on the 26th.
    Then I promised I would make some jigs to sell.
    Going to the sportsmans show as well. So will be a busy R&R for sure.
    If you were to stop by while I'm casting you just might end up taking some free jigs or weights home.
    Always time to talk whilst I make jigs.

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2