Thread: Jet ski motor boat

Default Jet ski motor boat

Okay guys I've seen these boats on youtube after doing a little reasearch because I have the perfect little hull for this. It weighs less than 200lbs. and made from alum. and is almost 8 foot in length. I was wondering if anyone on here has built one and if so i have many questions before I start my build.
    1- I found a yamaha 650 engine(used). I think it will be fast nough? im thinking total weight: motor fuel boat me and helmet will be around 450-500lbs finnished.
    2-I was thinking stick steer for response but there is a steering wheel option too.
    3-tempting to roll cage on but that might depend on how wicked she is.
    4- how did you plumb the engine through the transom to the jet pump....ive seen it done a few ways on youtube. All where very different and few looked propper and not sketchy.
    if you have pics id like to see please
    thanks

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by mrgsholly View Post
    Okay guys I've seen these boats on youtube after doing a little reasearch because I have the perfect little hull for this. It weighs less than 200lbs. and made from alum. and is almost 8 foot in length. I was wondering if anyone on here has built one and if so i have many questions before I start my build.
    1- I found a yamaha 650 engine(used). I think it will be fast nough? im thinking total weight: motor fuel boat me and helmet will be around 450-500lbs finnished.
    2-I was thinking stick steer for response but there is a steering wheel option too.
    3-tempting to roll cage on but that might depend on how wicked she is.
    4- how did you plumb the engine through the transom to the jet pump....ive seen it done a few ways on youtube. All where very different and few looked propper and not sketchy.
    if you have pics id like to see please
    thanks
    Someone up in Fairbanks used to make these back in the early 90s, I think it was the same shop that built the Sprint riversleds. I used to see commercials for them on TV and a saw one out on the Chena where it goes under University Ave. Pretty cool little toy, wicked quick.

Bill at Big Lake Artic Cat built one. He runs the lil Su with it on a regular basis.
    Stop out there and pick his brain.
    BK

Thanks guys it gives me a place to start!

Bill has one and Carolyn Haggard has one too. But Bill sold the Cat House years ago and now some punk sled heads own the shop.

I saw one head out of deshka landing last year, still had the handlebar steering. Not sure of the rest of the setup.

sent from my igloo

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    JKB, who's is that? I saw that last year on a trailer and I was wondering if he fabs those and sells them. I have some jetskis and have ran multiple rivers but I am also interested in changing it up. A jet dinghy would be sweet because you can haul an animal out with it. It's pretty difficult to do it with a jetski.

This is a product that is being manufactured right here in Alaska. We plan to release them very soon. Contact me for any info. I do not want to disrespect the website.

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    Looks pretty slick to me!

http://youtu.be/HVOJMZRKIuI