Thread: More hunting with Lil'Joe and Pie pics

Default More hunting with Lil'Joe and Pie pics

Hope you all are not sick up and fed with the pictures... :-) Joe was a bit wild this trip but, patience grasshopper we will get there. Walking/running birds in sparse to no cover are too much for him. I was not confident in my whoa training so I did not test his limits, but next time we will be ready. He could certainly find them and was pointing...just not holding. It was a good trip even though the little bugger wasn't holding.

Pie and Joe

Pie on point - sight point or scent point not sure, but dont matter to me. Can you see the birds in the picture?

Joe does retrieve !

Great pictures as always Burke!

Great pictures! Seeing those two Brits remind me of the one I had. Their a great bread.

Hey, I recognize those two orange and white miscreants! Great pics of some great dogs in a great place.

Jim

Jim, the picture of Pie pointing with the two birds in view is a small representation of what I told you about...birds standing around in little or no cover spread out about 20 yards apart. They were scattered around like that for a couple hundred yards.. Not sure if the dogs pushed them into that formation or that was how the were.
    Also, too bad Joe wasn't standing still long enough to capture in a photo LOL :-)

Very nice!
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing the pics of your hunt!
    Gal is coming along too. I have a patient mentor. Gal is my first pointing dog...
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!