Thread: Northern Log and Lumber

Default Northern Log and Lumber

Any body built one of their kits? Just looking for some feedback. I'm looking into either a 20x24 or a 24x24 kit. The size doesnt really matter just looking for overall impressions on quality and so on. 8" logs...

Also building.. havent narrowed down from Point mac or Caswell, but would 16 sono tubes work for foundation? both lots Im looking into are high and dry lots.

I know where you can get 10" milled logs pretty reasonable. Might even get the corners cut.

Do 16X28, lumber is cheaper and easier to handle.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

i bought some 6" D logs from them to put a 2' pony wall in my loft. they where super nice and very fast getting them to me. the problem is that they had a lot of linear feet of log that i thought was to thin front to back (1"-3"), but when i expressed my concern they didn't argue at all and got me different logs till i was happy. All in all I was more than happy and plan on buying my next kit from them. But i worry about thin lumber, but know they will make it right.