Thread: Salmon Trip for 8-10 guys on first Alaskan Trip

Thumbs up Salmon Trip for 8-10 guys on first Alaskan Trip

As many of us Alaskan's are often asked, "Where and when should I go fishing?". Well I know what I would suggest but I would like to hear other ideas.

So here is what I have been given:

8-10 Guys
    4-5 days of fishing,
    Salmon only(as of now anyway),
    Partially guided till they get the hang of it as they are avid fishermen but novice with Salmon and never been to AK.
    Cabins included.
    No particular area (SC/SE/SW)

I'm not seeing that happen at this budget but hey maybe someone on the forum knows of a deal or has something they can do to hook these guys up. Also note that they are aware that travel expenses to/from AK are excluded from the above budget.

Dates are wide open.

What would you suggest to them?

Post your ideas or PM me if you like!
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.

AKArcher

first off you never mentioned the budget, so with that being said they should go to Seward and do a salmon, ling trip, those are pretty cheap and plenty of lodging.Not to mention they are close to other places of interest. If they want more remote send them to western Alaska around Bristol Bay when the reds come in.

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    first off you never mentioned the budget, so with that being said they should go to Seward and do a salmon, ling trip, those are pretty cheap and plenty of lodging.Not to mention they are close to other places of interest. If they want more remote send them to western Alaska around Bristol Bay when the reds come in.
    DOH!!

It was in the subject line but I edited out.

$1500/guy

AKArcher

Quote Originally Posted by AKArcher View Post
    DOH!!

It was in the subject line but I edited out.

$1500/guy
    Tough budget.

But not un-doable by any means. I think George Riddle has accomodations at Blueberry Island that might fit your needs.

If not, feel free to shoot me a PM and we can go over some possible options.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

AKArcher, these guys looking at river fishing or ocean fishing for salmon? I saw you posted on the saltwater section as well so I was confused. Species important? - they looking for 100 fish days (humpies) or limits of silvers? Sockeyes? There are a few options if it's river only from the Kenai to here in SE. A river trip would be easily doable IMO for $1500, ocean not so much. If you want some ideas I have a few for up North and here in SE. The folks on the saltwater forum has some good ideas as well, always options!
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Are you from Alaska? Airfare is always our biggest expense to our annual trip. If you are not paying for airfare then you can do a lot with $ 1500 for only 4 days of fishing.

A sincere thanks to all who have provided info here as well as those who sent me PM's. I have been sorting things out and it looks like the group will be working on an August Coho Trip.

AKArcher