Thread: Only 1 week to fish!!!

Default Only 1 week to fish!!!

I am working on the slope and I will only have a week off to fish.( The weekend of may 19th) So here's what I would like. I live in Anchorage and would like to know of the best bets for me and the family to catch some fish. Big, small, ugly, tasty it dosn't matter as I just need to get my line in the water. Any info will be great as I will not have enough time to try more than a one place. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Motorboatn,
    With your luck and fishing skill i would say your best bet to get some fish would be at Carrs or Fred Meyers. You may also try the Sushi buffet of Tudor. HAHAHAHAHA Good luck

Kings will be showing at homer and around deep creek. people are also pulling in some butts around homer. You can always run to montague or south knight for some halibut. There is a king run south montague you can get into. I'm gonna try to go down there this weekend but this work thing is killing me. lots o' shrimping in the sound. good places to hang out with your family and don't forget about rock fish just about everywhere. good luck.

i say go to homer.

you must be pretty slow to only be able to fish one spot in a week.

Default Thanks kirk.

Sounds like home it will be. I hope the weather is good.

Any spots for rockfish you would point me to Kirk?????

Bryan, I think I will got eat at the sushi buffet, beats the meals up here.

Default JMH

Hey is that a personal picture of you! You must be hairy and slow to ad that picture, HAHAHA
    I will only be able to fish the weekend so therfore 2 days.

Thanks for the reply.

that picture is of captain cave man. It also looks like a "hairy testical with arms and legs". So I hope that it does not resemble JMH. Can't you two play nice in the sand box? Lets all go fishing.

Default Captian caveman

I know a caveman!! really he looks just like one.

I was playing nice in the sand box ( the sand box smelt like cat urine) oh well.

personally i think by may 19th we will be hearing of kings being caught. maybe even before a silver (haha remember last year?) you did not mention if you have a boat or not. if not id say ship creek or eklutna tailsrace will be showing kings and if you do have a boat the mouth of the little su, deshka or alexander. itll be early of coarse but if you only have one weekend you better hit it hard!
    Reminder the Mat Su King derby starts May 20th

Default I do have a boat!!!

Cool, I might head north. Just depends on the weather. I know homer better than I know the valley but If I don't go I will never learn.
    Thanks for the info

Well, last year a king was caught around the 19th in Ship Creek. I heard of one being caught this last weekend, but you know how that is.

I think Homer would be best as it gets the first Kings. Also boatn you can go to the spit, cast off the beach towards the pilons and you will catch fish period,100%. It will only be Pacific Cod, Yellowfin sole, sculpins and maybe just maybe a small halibut. Still you for sure will catch something and so will the kids. Throw some bait on a small hook and wait for the bite.

Are you running a jet or a prop on your boat?

Default Not disrespect our forums...

but you can also find pretty good information (although nothing is 100% reliable) at

http://www.alaskaoutdoorjournal.com/...lerreport.html

been a good source for fishing info all over the state. Good luck man.
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Default Thanks guys

I run a prop.

Also on the spit idea, I can't belive that I didn't think of that. I used to fiah there when I was a kid. You always caught fish. Never a halibut though. Anyways thanks for all the info. Hope there weather holds out.

If you intend to run the Big Su with a prop it would be a good idea to call the landing and ask if it is safe to run it before you drive up that way. They will tell you if the river is to shallow. Last spring there was alot of shallow water. If you hear people talking about launching off the end of the dike and not the normal launch its a good idea to wait.

Default Ok

I will keep that in mind.

My guess is that if the weather holds out I will be going to homer.

Cool Profish-n-sea In Seward

I'VE SAID IT BEFORE AND I'LL HAPPILY SAY IT AGAIN. IF YOU WANT GREAT CAPTAINS WHO AREN'T AFRAID TO PULL ANCHOR AND FIND THE FISH AND WHO ARE ALL GREAT GUYS TO FISH WITH THEN TRY SOME HALIBUT FISHING WITH CAPTAIN STEVE ZERNIA AT PROFISH-N-SEA IN SEWARD.

THE FISHING IS PICKING UP FAST WITH LOTS OF 60-100+ lb HALIBUT AND YOU MIGHT NAB A FEW BASS WHILE YOUR AT IT. STEVE RUNS A SUPER OPERATION, ALL HIS CAPTAINS ARE TOP OF THE LINE AND GREAT WITH KIDS. NOT KNOCKING THE OTHER CHARTERS, BUT I WOULDN'T FISH WITH ANYONE ELSE! FEEL FREE TO CALL ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE ANY MORE INFORMATION: JOHN (907) 688-9490.