Thread: 10 pack advice

Default 10 pack advice

Looking for an 8 or 10 pack out of Whitter or Seward. Any advice would be great. Thanks

I have only been on the larger fishing charter boats down in homer. I did it twice back when I was cheechako and didn't know any better. We caught fish but only chickens. Once I got a taste of what real halibut fishing was all about I have never been back on any of those cargo haulers. While I do not have specific charters to recommend for you in Whittier or Seward I very strongly recommend that you split up your group and charter 6 pack boats or smaller. Those are the operators that will really show you a great trip with legitimate chances at big fish. If you ever decide to try Valdez, send me a pm and I can recommend a couple great charters to you.

Profish n sea in Seward has a 10 passenger boat that is great, and being a charter operator myself in Seward I can tell you with great confidence that there are very few 6 passenger boats that do anywhere near as well as Steve does on the Pursuit. I am sure you will hear the same recommendation over and over.

I'll back AKCAPT (Andy) on this one. He is outstanding as well as Steve with ProFish N Sea.
    It's not the size of the boat, it's more the capt and his work ethic to put you on quality fish.
    Choose wisely and you won't be dissapointed.
    BK

Thanks a recommendation from a skip goes a long ways. I'm trying to get a men's group from the church I attend out on the H2O and idk if they would be willing to drive all the way to the kp. I will be contacting the recommended skips. Thanks.

M&Js Bread and Butter Charters has a 12 pax. They bought it from June. The son owns the business and seemed to pretty good but his father is an, well, never mind, I'll get banned. He's no longer part of the business from what I understand. 1-888-472-2396.

Thanks bill I will give them a call.