Thread: Hand gun inspection

Default Hand gun inspection

I received a Springfield XDm 45 in a trade. I would like to get it checked out and cleaned. Suggestions in the South ANC area.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Just use your owners manual or go online to download one and clean it yourself. Its actually pretty easy once you take it apart the first time or two. Best way to check it out is to take a box of shells and visit a local range

Agree with try it yourself and learn the workings. A good gun shop won't charge you any extra if brought to them apart in a box than if it showed up together.At one time I got lots of box guns in and to make the person feel better I would say just because you took it apart and saved me time don't mean a cheaper price.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

If you just want someone to have a look that everything is where it should be any reputable gun shop should be happy to do that in hope of having you as a continuing customer. If you suspect something is wrong with it your Springfield has a lifetime warrantee and will inspect/repair it for free other than the shipping.

As far as cleaning it if you plan to keep the gun you should learn to do its upkeep yourself. It isnít hard and Iíll include a couple links below. If you donít want to buy the tools because you just wanting to get it cleaned up to sell Iíd advise you to go see Ken at Wild West Guns, he is always buying and deals fair even if he is from Jersey.

From the folks that made it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD4NhlTXyf0

And a more detailed full cleaning.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12RtS...ture=endscreen
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I took the advise andfollowed manual. Just being lazy! I need to purchase a cleaning kit to finish project! Thanks

No offense but if you bought a gun that you cannot strip and clean you probably can't shoot it either.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?