Thread: What ammo prices are you seeing in Alaska today?

Default What ammo prices are you seeing in Alaska today?

I dropped by 3 bears in Wasilla - the one on Trunk rd - and they're out of .22lr, they get it in a little at a time and it goes right away.

I did buy some boxes of .338 RCM Hornaday 225gr SST. I have no idea what's fair for this, but it said $34/20rds and I said yes x4. I did not buy them out.

Is anyone seeing an ammo vendor that has .22lr in stock by the brick? What prices do you see?

Heck, I havent seen .22lr in a brick since October.

Ammo prices don't seem to have gone up much in the normal sporting goods stores with some exceptions in 22LR but there isn't any 22LR so I guess the price doesn't matter. At the gun show on Sat there was some 22LR here and there but at double or triple normal prices. I have been considering selling a few bricks at $45 per brick but my conscience won't let me.

I took a case of 22 to the show and had no problem getting 35.00 a carton for it.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Sportsmans warehouse has been getting in 22lr remington bricks($24 525rd) at least every few weeks in Wasilla, but you have to be there right when they get the shipment cause they are gone in no time. I missed them by literally seconds last week.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post

I did buy some boxes of .338 RCM Hornaday 225gr SST. I have no idea what's fair for this, but it said $34/20rds and I said yes x4.......................

That's what I paid for 338rcm down here in Idaho before the price increases.

By the way, they run 2600fps from a 20" barrel, not the number on the box. Not that it matters.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

Yeah, but they're Remington... ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!