Thread: Auto Tab Control System

Default Auto Tab Control System

Anyone try this out? How do you like it?

Bennett Autotoab Control System
    http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/autotabcontrol.php?cID=4

No I haven't but very interesting.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Depending on the size/hp of your boat, this product may also be of interest: http://www.nauticusinc.com/smart_tabs.htm

Those look pretty cool as well. Boat already has electronic trim tabs, with manual adjusters, thinking of adding this automatic system. Heard there were a few folks around running with it. Interesting to hear experiences with it if any are lurking.

I had one installed on one of my previous boat (26' Hewescraft PC). It doesn't work well, its much better to use manual control.

I can say from experience using one that our prop wash looked like a squiggly line behind us...pretty sure that it added miles to our 200ish mile run. The module was over compensating constantly! As soon as we turned it off (near the end of the return trip) the boat straightened up. The owner called about it and they sent a different module to closer match the dynamics of the boat but it still didn't work worth a darn. I can say with confidence that there are better things to invest in for efficiency.

When I run a boat with tabs I put them in the all the way down position coming out of the hole along with the drive or outboard. And soon as I'm on plane I move the tabs to the full up position and trim outboard/drive to get the boat's attitude where I want it. If still riding too high in the bow I will add a bit of tab instead of lifting the stern of the boat with the motor. I look at tabs as a side to side equalizer more than anything else.

For relatively small boats the SX auto tabs work well for keeping the bow down.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Thanks a ton, this was exactly the kind of information I needed. Will save myself a few hundred bucks. Looked like a cool gizmo, in theory. Glad I didn't go through the trouble.