Thread: google ad content

Default google ad content

I remember a thread here a long time back about google ads whose content may or may not be appropriate for this forum. I believe the answer back was that this site has little say about which ads get shown here (google decides that, in their infinite wisdom), but there was a caveat that any particular ad could be gone forever if this site's mgmt decided that was best, and told google.

So, here is the one that came up just now.....

You guys decide and do what you wish, if anything, including editing/deleting this post/thread.

Not fair! All I get are ads for Amish furniture and Texas hunting leases. How do you get the cute girl ads?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm pretty sure that Pam can block specific ads, so I'll be sure that she sees this.

If I've recently searched for spotting scopes... I get a spotting scope ad... for atv tires... an atv tire ad...

jus sayin
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Default geek stuff

Cool, ice man. (always wanted to say that) But, you're right. Google targets best it can, and its aim is better than some hunters.

But what you're intimating didn't happen in this case. I use multiple browsers most of the time, with this browser reserved for AOD. When I get or need a short break from some tedious job I can window over to here and spend a minute or two, and then do the same another time. And closing my browser erases its history and all else, so it has a virgin start multiple times per day.

When that ad appeared it was some minutes after I posted #80 on this thread:
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...this-topic-but
    I had just hit refresh, and there it was.

If you read my post and a few previous to it, there is mention of "personal information", "safe computing", and many other "hot" key phrases that google advertisers seem to have paid for. I can't say which key word/phrase that advertiser keyed in on to match me with it, but it sure would be interesting to know. (Yeah, I know. Interesting to a geek. S'ok.)

Ok, I tried to block the ad that Family Man was talking about, but I need the URL to the ad, not the pic. The URL is not the right click on the photo that he posted, but the actual URL of the ad itself when it would be clicked on. So if anyone finds a questionable ad like this again, please send me the URL to the ad, not the pic of the ad. Thanks for helping to keep our forums clean of garbage.

Darn it. I made sure to repost it without the link just so that they wouldn't get another "page show". Sorry. Next time.

Thanks for the effort. Next time we nail it.

I vote for "Bella" from HuNan....oh wait, this wasn't a poll?

I vote that all 4 of them get sent back to middle school.