Thread: Favorite Lures

Default Favorite Lures

Thought i would start a thread about what some of our favorite lures are (Any kind for any critter). Have at it!

I like the Laugaman/Big Sky products.
    Now what ?

Ive been using Caven's this season I actually got a Lynx to visit one of my dirt hole canine sets its tracks were coming in very straight from a ways away which leads me to believe it came to investigate the smell I'm no expert but i was impressed

I only use a few anymore backbreaker for beaver, skunky backbreaker and Gusto for marten, and urine for fox. If I trapped mink in the fall I would have some hawbakers #1 mink lure too
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

I make most of my own now but for store bought ones I've had good results with Grawes K7 for lynk, fox, and coyote and Cavens Gusto for lynk and marten.
    I once held the yardstick of anothers perfection, I threw it down and carved my own................

I make a lot of my own lure now but still buy some. I started trapping in the early 70's and used a lot of Hawbakers. I still use a lot of Hawbakers with good results. Some lures will work good in one place and not as well in other places. I have never set traps in a place that fox will not come to Hawbaker 500.