Thread: Dillon 550 I need to pet one...

Default Dillon 550 I need to pet one...

Hi all, I have a machine shop here in Anchorage, and I am making single stge diversions for Dillon presses.
    I need to see a 550 in person to verify dimensions. Will bring specified beer.
    Please drop a line to snowshooze@yahoo.com, or call 562-6873
    Thanks
    Mark

Artic Ammo on Palmer-Wasilla Highway has multiples and parts Iím sure you can get your math there. What is it your making?
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default 550 stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Artic Ammo on Palmer-Wasilla Highway has multiples and parts Iím sure you can get your math there. What is it your making?
    Hi Andy
    I have requests to devolop single stage heads and shell holders for Dillon presses.
    I am pretty certain Dillon won't be wild about it because I can do an end run around their Big 50 pres with a couple inexpensive mods....as well as convert 650 and 550 to standard single stage for smll benches like most of us have...
    But thanks for the tip, I will try to look them up tomorrow.
    Thanks!
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by snowshooze View Post
    Hi Andy
    I have requests to devolop single stage heads and shell holders for Dillon presses.
    I am pretty certain Dillon won't be wild about it because I can do an end run around their Big 50 pres with a couple inexpensive mods....as well as convert 650 and 550 to standard single stage for smll benches like most of us have...
    But thanks for the tip, I will try to look them up tomorrow.
    Thanks!
    Mark
    Oh, I donít know, sounds to me like it might sell more presses for them. When I was in Phoenix we made a lot of parts for them. They are business savvy folks, design and prototype it and they may well buy your parts and paint them blue.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I have a Dillon 550b that you can hands on check. Why would you need to change anything to load single stage in a 550? Just mount one die in the first station then switch dies just like you would a single stage press although I can't imagine why you would want to. I live in Chugiak, if you want to stop by and play let me know.

That was my first thought too, ďwhy for?Ē But I learned the hard way too many times that just because I donít see something doesnít mean it isnít there. So now I always wonder what Iím missing and get curious.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Well yeah. That's part of why I would let him mess with my Dillon as maybe I can learn something from it. It does have my curiosity running full tilt.