Thread: Aimpoint scopes

Default Aimpoint scopes

I am about ready to pull the trigger so to speak on the Aimpont Comp C3 red dot scope for my Malin 444. I am not really very good with my iron sights anymore, but want a good and reliable way for quick target acquisition and durability. I plan to use the rifle as my boat gun, carry in the brush, camp gun. 100yard max. Loaded with 300g Barnes Busters at 2200fps, for bear and moose.

Anybody have experience with aimpoint?

I do, might want to consider something without a battery. Speed is of the essence. You could prepare to take aim, only to find it shut off, or the brightness setting not proper for the conditions. If money were no object and I wanted a bright/fast/ 1X magnification scope.......i'd get a trijicon 1-4 power scope with the german recticle.

I've spent a year behind a brand new aimpoint, and a year behind a brand new trijicon. The trijicon has to be one of the fastest scopes around, rifle will jump out of your hand and point at the target before you could fathom pulling the trigger.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/172...-reticle-matte

I have both a Trijicon 1x4 and an Aimpoint Pro. Unfortunately I had to buy the Aimpoint while my Triji went back to the factory to be repaired. Something came loose inside and it wouldn't hold zero. Anyhow, I've been using an Aimpoint Pro since September and it's been very tough and fast to use. Battery life is 3 years and the C3 is five years. Electronics do go wrong, but so does glass I am very happy with both, but the Aimpoint is 1/2 the price.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I have had a aimpoint. (Was lost on a atv trip)
    I also have hard time using iron sights on leverguns until I went to those xs fiberoptic irons now all is well.
    I had a eotechs on my 44 mag lever, worked super good. Just a little akward. I tried the aimpoint on my 45-70, didn't like it at all.

Ive got an Aimpoint 9000sc on a Ruger SRH in 44mag. It's almost like cheating. Wherever you put the dot it hits. Picking up your target is fast, real fast. My battery life is impressive.
    I haven't tried the 50000 hours of continuous use to see if the battery would last that long but I still have the original batteries in it and have forgotten to shut it off numerous times and after 6 years the batteries are still going strong. I also have an Acog 4 power and its sweet too. Both are amazing scopes and worth every penny.

I have had the small Aimpoint ( Micro model) for 4 or 5 years now. I love it. I have used it on a 30/06, 338 federal and a 45/70. Longest shot was just over 300 yards at a dall ram. I am still on the same battery and I cant imagine a faster sight.

Cool. Sounds like they have some moxy.

I ordered the Aimpoint Pro. I wanted the scope to be secured with one ring, have caps, be 2-4 MOA and use a picatinny rail. It was about $400 and was in stock. I also ordered the EGW picatinny rail for my Marlin XLR444. I was going to get the Comp model scope, but decided to save $100 with going to the Pro. I have an ACOG holographic 6 MOA sight that I might throw on there for comparison sake.

Thanks for the input.

I had no issues hitting 6" steel plates, as long as they were outlined by snow, at 200yds yesterday with my AR and the Aimpoint Pro I have. The biggest issue for me now a days is seeing far enough to hit with a no magnification sight. My son can easily see well enough to use it at 300 yards.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    ...The biggest issue for me now a days is seeing far enough to hit with a no magnification sight. My son can easily see well enough to use it at 300 yards.
    About my exact experience yesterday at the range. Aging eyes suck, but it could be worse.

I've had my T-1 Micro for about 3 years now. Love it. I leave it on just above the halfway settings for the dot brightness, and the battery is still going strong. It is lighter and has better temp specs than the Comp, but I'm sure any of the Aimpoints will work very well.

The H-1 Micro is about $80 cheaper, doesn't have quite as good temp ratings (compared to the T-1; temp ratings are about the same as the Comp) and doesn't work with night vision (which doesn't matter for most of us).