Thread: Lynx snare pen help

Default Lynx snare pen help

I built a snare pen today but i had a few questions that i was hoping one of you could answer. First how wide should my pen be i built mine probably about 16-18 inches wide and about 3-4 feet long its open on both ends with snares. Also should my bait be eye level or does it matter too much?? i wired a piece of lynx meat to a fairly thick stick and stuck it in the middle of the pen the bait is probably up about 3 or 4 feet off of the ground and the stick makes it so the lynx can't walk straight through. also i hung a pie plate and some grouse wings in the surrounding area. Now my main concern is that my pen is too narrow and my bait is too high. What do you guys think??

As long as it's wide enough for them to fit through but not to wide for them to avoid your snare, I think 3 to 4 feet is to short IMO and would go with around 8 feet but I normaly use a walk through set instead of a pen set especially a natural walk through set. I hang my attractors as high as the lynks head maybe a little higher with some lure too.
    I once held the yardstick of anothers perfection, I threw it down and carved my own................

Thanks for the reply thunder chicken!..i haven't even had a looker yet on the pen set I caught one a few days before in a cubby near by but I'm pretty sure there was more than one in that area so i set the pen if it shows back up and dosnt like the pen ill probably make it wider like u said