Thread: Hiline Lake scouting trip!

Default Hiline Lake scouting trip!

Since the weather comming up is supposed to be to warm for freighting I am grabbing some friends and we are headed up to Hiline Lake from the south on Saturday morning. Jenny (Chuck Lambs widow) is there now so I figure we might as well see if we can establish a freight route thru the south end. Anyone intersested in going can call me at 733-1559. Bring plenty of gas and I will haul the fuel to the foothills. Also since it is a long trip anyone that wants can stay overnight at my place or Jennys.

Are you planning on running around the south side of sleeping lady? or coming into it from the river?

Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
    Are you planning on running around the south side of sleeping lady? or coming into it from the river?
    We will be running over towards Beluga, up the foothills to Trinity and on to Hiline. We have freight to haul to Jenny Lamb soon and want to check out the south route verses the north route.

There have been folks into Trinity since about two weeks ago. I have a friend building a place in there and they had quite a journey getting in, but it's done now. They will be up there this weekend too. I just realized I left my phone in my truck and missed your call. I'll call you in the a.m. Doug
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    There have been folks into Trinity since about two weeks ago. I have a friend building a place in there and they had quite a journey getting in, but it's done now. They will be up there this weekend too. I just realized I left my phone in my truck and missed your call. I'll call you in the a.m. Doug
    Good, If we can get in thru that route it would be perfect for me! Will head there tommorow for sure. Just finished hauling 16,000lbs of lumber and rescueing a moose out of the creek in two days so staying home today and taking a break from works and catching up with everyone involved with Jenny. Will call you soon! P.S. Did you happen to see our rescue storey on the news last night?

Just checked out the pictures Mike. Too Cool.

Good job.

Wasilla, behind 3 Bears on the Palmer Wasilla Hwy

Wondering how the freight haul to the Lamb place went and if you have more to go?