Thread: Archery lessons for home school kids.

Default Archery lessons for home school kids.

Hi I am looking for information on archery lessons for both of my daughters, one is 9 and the other is 12. They are both interested in learning more about archery, I just have no idea where to start. Any information that y'all could pass my way would be great. Also we live in Wasilla so something in the valley would be best. Thanks.

AkMud has a daughter in that same age range who has become a pretty proficient archer. I'm not sure if he taught her himself or if he got her into lessons, but I know that she competes regularly in competitions, so there are options available. I'd send him a note and see what he suggests.

You should also give Bearpaw Archery a call and see what they offer.

Look up National Archery in the Schools or NASP. That will give you an idea of what many schools are doing now. Get yourself a Mathews Genesis bow or 2, some arrows and a target. Start close to the target so you have success quickly. As confidence grows move back as necessary. Have fun!

Go see Rich at Screaming Eagle Archery, he does classes and is very good with kids. My son is 11 and loves it.

The Blacksheep archery club will be having a spring archery class on saturday mornings 1030 to 1230 starting March 16 to April 27
    classes are free and equipment are provided. Call 753-1855 for more info and to get a base pass. This is great class for kids !

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Paa View Post
    The Blacksheep archery club will be having a spring archery class on saturday mornings 1030 to 1230 starting March 16 to April 27
    classes are free and equipment are provided. Call 753-1855 for more info and to get a base pass. This is great class for kids !
    X2 for black sheep if the drive isn't to far