Thread: Artic Hare

Default Artic Hare

Does anyone hunt or trap the Artic Hare? I'm not talking about the snowshoe hare but the larger all white variety. I would be interested in paying for a guided hunt for them or purchasing one for taxidermy. Thanks for your help! Greg

Go to www.trapperman.net and join. Look for "Yukonjeff". He lives in western Alaska and there are arctics there. He buys fur and may have some to sell.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Theres planty around here, on the hillsides and mountains, along brush lines and such. They like open country and run in packs, sometimes quite a few at a time, and taste much better than the little bunnies
    Look in open country with scatterd willows and turds tha look like Moose's's
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post

Look in open country with scatterd willows and turds tha look like Moose's's
    That's a mighty big waaaabbit...!!!....lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

There's one mounted in the FG office in Fairbanks. Darn thing looks like it's four feet tall.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Do you know anyone that would take me hunting for them? I love hunting small game and of course, would be willing to pay for that service. Thanks! Greg

There's some over by Iliamna. I spent a week at a buddy's camp and he told me about the arctic hares and their great size. I thought he was pulling my leg, but when one hopped over in front of food shack, I was astounded to see one easily twice the size of a snowshoe hare. I bet a lynx would have a hard time catching one of these critters!