Thread: Question for you owners of a 27 foot Sea Sport

Default Question for you owners of a 27 foot Sea Sport

What engine(s) are you running. Anbody have the KAD43 or 44?
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Volvo Penta 740 with DP. It moves her along fine but wouldn't mind the KAD for efficiency. Friends boat has twin I/O and he hardly has any fish box space. If we repower I/O it would be diesel but need to weight against outboard bracket.

I have a 27 Pilothouse with a KAD43.

Thanks Soundfisher. Can you clean out your inbox, have a PM I'd like to send. Or maybe send me your phone # if you don't mind?
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Quote Originally Posted by tlingitwarrior View Post
    Thanks Soundfisher. Can you clean out your inbox, have a PM I'd like to send. Or maybe send me your phone # if you don't mind?
    PM sent, and box somewhat cleaned out!

I am running the twin 3.0 liter with SX outdrives, owuld be nice to have more power. These engines are not available any more so next repower will probably be the 8.1/DP. Unfortunately with the older Pilot Houses require transome glass work to patch 2 holes, extension of the engine compartment forward and the engine cover back. I know of 2 of these that have been modified. Also saw the ORION that had a bubble extension on the transome to fit the diesel engine in. Have also seen a few Seasports that have had transome extension put on with twin OBs.

Have a kad43 in 24 explorer. Very happy with it you a talking a much heavier boat but mine full to the hilt with six adults don't even notice the weight

Quote Originally Posted by nobaddaysinak View Post
    Have a kad43 in 24 explorer. Very happy with it you a talking a much heavier boat but mine full to the hilt with six adults don't even notice the weight
    Do you have any problem with belt dust? My engine has been pretty good with the exception of the belt problem. Just wondering if you did, and if you remediated the problem? Thanks!

Was thinking custom billet pulleys but just dealing with the dust. Pulleys rust then the belts dust My seasport the bilge pump doesn't get all the water out was going to pull the motor this winter and glue closed cell foam or plastic product to the bottom under the engine to displace the water in the bilge but house projects trumped boat project