Thread: Training and hunt pics

Default Training and hunt pics

I did some training and some hunting this weekend. Lil' Joe did really well in training...staunch and steady. Hunting was staunch, but not quite as steady. We only found one pair of ptarmigan and they proved too much for him when they walked out from behind the rock they were hiding behind and began strutting their stuff in the open. We did get one bird without me firing a shot. Lil'Joe pointed a dead bird he found buried in the snow.

In training

proud of himself...

enjoying the scenery

prize for the day

Looks like he is doing well! Very nice.
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans

Well done! How old is Lil' Joe now?

Lil' Joe is 19 months....

Lookin' good Lil Joe!

Very beautiful Britt! My first bird dog was a Britt, mine was a liver and white dog though. By the time that dog was six there wasn't a Pheasant in the county that felt safe

Lil' Joe is a hoot! Just hunted two days up in the high country with Burke and Lil' Joe and had a blast. Joe is a very sweet dog, full of life and enthusiasm, and a joy to be around. And he sure loves birds! He's going to be one fine bird finder with a great life ahead. Joe's Dad is one heckuva good dog trainer, too.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McCann View Post
    Lil' Joe is a hoot! Just hunted two days up in the high country with Burke and Lil' Joe and had a blast. Joe is a very sweet dog, full of life and enthusiasm, and a joy to be around. And he sure loves birds! He's going to be one fine bird finder with a great life ahead. Joe's Dad is one heckuva good dog trainer, too.

Jim
    Couldn't agree more! Wish I had more time than the one time limited day!
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans