Thread: Ketchikan hunting

Default Ketchikan hunting

I've been doin some research on hunting around ketch. Every thing I look at refers to fly out trips to other islands. What game animals. Are. In/around the ketchikan area. Both big and small game

On Revilla island (Ketchikan's location), deer, black bear and Mtn. goat and wolf.. The surrounding larger islands will also hold deer and black bear and wolves. The mainland behind Revilla island you also have goat, black bear, brown bear and wolves. The mainland north of Revilla island will hold goat, black bear, brown bear and a few moose and of course, wolves. The only small game you would find would be water fowl, grouse and ptarmigan. 50 miles north of Ketchikan you can have access to elk (with a draw permit).

I would say the hardest thing to hunt for there is a dry spot.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I would say the hardest thing to hunt for there is a dry spot.
    Come on Will, I saw one for a bit yesterday.
    Last edited by kingfisherktn; 03-04-2013 at 09:22.

You will need a boat or charter an airplane ride to hunt most of the areas that KF lists ... but from the road system (all 40 miles of it) you can hunt Deer, Wolf, Black Bear and if you draw the tag Mt Goat.

It's common for Ktn hunters to head over to Prince of Wales Island and kill a few of 'their' Deer.

Don't forget to read up on the rules. You won't even be able to hunt black bear until you have been here for a year. Unless you draw a tag or use a guide anyway...