Thread: Chances for catching good sized rainbow

Thumbs up Chances for catching good sized rainbow

wheres the best chance to catch a decent size Rainbow trout in the valley? i tried canoe and kepler lake, haven't caught much, i am using night crawlers, shrimp and power bait. what are the best depths to fish and recommend lure or jig or bait? thanks, i would like input!

I believe that Fish and Game has a list of stocked lakes by species, size and year stocked in the valley. I would try that first and get a base estimate as for the size they would be now. As for the bait I haven't caught a rainbow on bait since early December.

I've caught a couple of Rainbow's over 20" out of a certain Meadow Lakes lake...
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

I catch larger rainbows in shallow water. Five to ten feet have always produced large bows

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

if you fish just about all of the lakes , they will give up large rainbow , finger will produce large rainbow , & char, give it a try , it is called fishing not
    catching largefish , so give them all try , you will get some fish, the kipper lakes have some nice fish in them , make sure you CK the reg's as they can change lake to lake ,