Thread: Raider and Hewescraft Factory Tours

Default Raider and Hewescraft Factory Tours

I'm in the 48 for a while because of a family death. So while here and after reading all your posts I've sent off requests to Hewescraft and Raider for tours of the manufacturing plants. Ayone here here ever tour either or both places?

I have not visited either, but since you are down in the lesser 48, you might as well hit Wooldridge up as well. Better take some photographs while you are at it.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Can't help either but I did a tour at Renaissance Marine (Duckworth, Weldcraft, and Northwest Boats). They're quite a way south of Colville, WA in Clarkston, Wa. I second the suggestion of visiting Wooldrige if you can, afterall the more builders you can visit, the more information you'll have to help with your decision. Good luck!

That should be a really good tour. Hopefully Raider will have a 30' you can look at. Try and take some pics for those of us logistically challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by sisusuomi View Post
    I'm in the 48 for a while because of a family death. So while here and after reading all your posts I've sent off requests to Hewescraft and Raider for tours of the manufacturing plants. Ayone here here ever tour either or both places?
    We went thru the Hewescraft factory about 8 years ago. All we did was show up at the door one morning to see about getting some parts & they took us thru it. Its really amazing to see what they can build in a 10,000 sf former bowling alley. I believe that they have added a few more sf to the factory since then.
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856

I called and made arrangements to pick up a part on a certain afternoon. Dave Hewes came out and ask if I would like a tour. I also called ahead when I went to Wooldridge. Good to make sure someone is available. These were well worth the time and effort. Thanks to the manufactures for making the time. In both cases it was the owners who gave the tours.

When your at Hewes ask about the Pacific Explorer 285 experimental test in Valdez last summer. How about a 28'-29' X 114" Pacific Explorer. I know they are thinking about it. I know they would like to build it. The more people that ask the sooner it will happen.

Default Wooldridge

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    I have not visited either, but since you are down in the lesser 48, you might as well hit Wooldridge up as well. Better take some photographs while you are at it.
    Don't miss the chance to visit Glen and Grant at wooldridge boats, you will get to see some different construction methods and Ellamar needs more pics of that new boat. Have Grant give you some Mustang driving tips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.wooldridgeboats.com/testi...d--blue-lights