Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bass Pro Looking for Management Team for Anchorage Store

Default Bass Pro Looking for Management Team for Anchorage Store

I had no idea Bass Pro Shop was coming up here too. Wow.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/ret/3630607138.html

Ao where is this store going? Where old navy and the shoe store was at the little strip mall near airport heights? I wonder when cabelas is going to advertise the same openings and get started on the store itself?
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by PacWestFishTaxidermy View Post
    I had no idea Bass Pro Shop was coming up here too. Wow.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/ret/3630607138.html

Yep.. I think they felt the need to beat Cabelas to the punch

B-Pro will be where Old Navy was at Glenn Square Mall, not sure if they'll be open this year or not, they planned for the spring, but I think the site development will keep them from making that deadline. No work on the building yet, also doesn't bode well for a summer opening. I'm guessing more like late fall or next spring. I think they only open stores 2 times during the year.

Cabela's will be next to South Target off C street, ground breaking this spring with store opening in May 2014.

Thanks for the info
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Yes they have been working on the building...they are using the existing buildings alrady there. Drove by and there is work being done to the inside now. Bass Pro is taking applications for management now which means they do plan on opening this year. Cabelas will be next door to target on the southside and will open spring 2014

Quote Originally Posted by mustang0335 View Post
    Yes they have been working on the building...they are using the existing buildings alrady there. Drove by and there is work being done to the inside now.
    They can't be doing much, as they don't have a building permit as of 2-1-13... And it doesn't look good for them to have one in the next month as they don't have any plans in for review. It could take 3-6 weeks to get plans approved and initial permits issued.

My guess is they'll be lucky to have the doors open before the snow flies this fall. It will probably take at least a month to merchandize the store. The press release said doors open this spring in time for fishing season. Its **** near spring, and IMO they have at least 3-4 months worth of work to do the exterior of the building add in a month of merchandizing and we're up to what... August.

Speculation always abounds with big developments like this one. Time will tell how it all shakes out.

I've seen more than a few of these projects from start to finish. I think they may have been a bit optimistic.

I dont think this is that big of a development. here is the link to the artist rendering of the new store on the bass pro website.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=94&storeID=84

They will be using the the spot where old navy was, and the spot where that clock tower thing is. They will have a two building concept that i am very excited for. Very exciting for the commercial competition for anchorage.

They're going to start thawing ground on cabelas next month to start the ground work, is the rumor around my current construction site.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

Quote Originally Posted by jojomoose View Post
    I dont think this is that big of a development. here is the link to the artist rendering of the new store on the bass pro website.

They will be using the the spot where old navy was, and the spot where that clock tower thing is. They will have a two building concept that i am very excited for. Very exciting for the commercial competition for anchorage.
    I've seen the actual building drawings, while similar to the rendering it will be different. It will be one building not two... not sure where you got that from. The exterior work to the building is pretty substantial, IMO. They're (or were) adding a bowling alley to the north end next to Old Navy.

I've been on the ground floor of a heck of a lot of construction projects and understand what has to happen to make a deadline. Bass Pro will not be open in time for fishing season, at least not to the level they plan(ed) to construct.

You know what they say about rumors...

"A true passion for the outdoors is a plus!"

Well, that would be nice! They'd do pretty well of they'd get some people in there who really understood the outdoors here in AK.

I wonder if they'll change the logo to a black bass.

Basspro, Cabelas, blah blah blah. Support locally owned businesses!

Quote Originally Posted by Bambistew View Post
    I've seen the actual building drawings, while similar to the rendering it will be different. It will be one building not two... not sure where you got that from. The exterior work to the building is pretty substantial, IMO. They're (or were) adding a bowling alley to the north end next to Old Navy.

I've been on the ground floor of a heck of a lot of construction projects and understand what has to happen to make a deadline. Bass Pro will not be open in time for fishing season, at least not to the level they plan(ed) to construct.

You know what they say about rumors...
    So who is the general contractor for bass pro? I know who it is for cabelas.

So, they are seriously recruiting their executive management team off Craigslist?
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Quote Originally Posted by FloorGuy View Post
    So who is the general contractor for bass pro? I know who it is for cabelas.
    Who's the Cabelas contractor? I know it's not Roger Hickel construction as my wife told me its wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone131 View Post
    Who's the Cabelas contractor? I know it's not Roger Hickel construction as my wife told me its wasn't.
    PCL will be

I saw the ads on Craigslist for bass pro the other day. Kinda comical if you ask me

Why is Craigslist sub-par? Because it is free?

Have hired some great people that remain in my business, gotten excellent remodel service, got rid of stuff that isn't really trash but you just want it gone, and use it as advertisement for rental properties.

If you want local knowledge you need to advertise where the locals look. Would you rather have the local Bass Pro managed by the next guy in line from corporate?

Also any website that can drop ADN circulation makes me happy. Have you seen the 'want ads' for ADN lately?

Quote Originally Posted by junkak View Post
    Why is Craigslist sub-par? Because it is free?

Have hired some great people that remain in my business, gotten excellent remodel service, got rid of stuff that isn't really trash but you just want it gone, and use it as advertisement for rental properties.

If you want local knowledge you need to advertise where the locals look. Would you rather have the local Bass Pro managed by the next guy in line from corporate?

Also any website that can drop ADN circulation makes me happy. Have you seen the 'want ads' for ADN lately?
    That's not what I said. I just know people think the demographic that shops there and Cabela's is above that. I don't see many oil companies advertising on Craigslist for jobs. It's a great resource is all.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone131 View Post
    That's not what I said. I just know people think the demographic that shops there and Cabela's is above that. I don't see many oil companies advertising on Craigslist for jobs. It's a great resource is all.
    Not pointed at you just the combined sentiment of this thread.

and yes oil companies do advertise all the time. Large construction companies..etc..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast