Thread: Never Say Never

Default Never Say Never

I had my first grandchild born in August of 2012. It was a little girl that I have grown very fond of. She recieved a Savage, Rascal for Christmas so I can say I have purchased my first PINK gun.

Good on ya! I'm sure she'll love shooting that rifle when she's big enough. I too have bought a pink gun. My oldest daughter has a pink Cricket.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

My daughter will be 7 in May and wants a pink rifle sooooo bad! What would you guys recomend? Should I try and order a pink 22mag made by (insert brand here) in stainless or just go with one of the blued brands on the shelf in 22lr? I'm not sure how long she'll be able to use it before moving on to something else.
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Chinese proverb

Well, I have not verified this (apologies) - but it seems there was a recent story of an unfortunate shooting because a pink gun (Lady Smith?) was thought to be a toy. Not to rain on your parade; and I hope that was not true.
    Nevertheless, this gave me considerable pause about assigning cuteness/gender i.d. to a firearm.
    "Punish the monkey - let the organ grinder go" - Mark Knopfler

That is sad and I also hope it's not true but, if I'm not mistaken, accidental shootings have been happening long before the first colored firearm rolled out of the shop. Has there been an increase scince the introduction of colored guns? I have no idea, but I appreciate your concern.
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Chinese proverb

Every gun real or not should be respected. I bought this gun to teach safety as much as shooting.

We bought Grandson #1 a "child's" .22 and felt it was $ well spent. I hate seeing kids try to shoot a full size stock on a rifle that's way too heavy for them to hold. Grandson #2 was a large child and by the time he was mature enough he was big enough for a full size .22. Each child is different.

I can see no reason to get a magnum. I think the colored guns are great. I wanted to build the wife a pink AR, but she would not allow it; maybe one of the Granddaughters??

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardC View Post
    We bought Grandson #1 a "child's" .22 and felt it was $ well spent. I hate seeing kids try to shoot a full size stock on a rifle that's way too heavy for them to hold. Grandson #2 was a large child and by the time he was mature enough he was big enough for a full size .22. Each child is different.

I can see no reason to get a magnum. I think the colored guns are great. I wanted to build the wife a pink AR, but she would not allow it; maybe one of the Granddaughters??
    I know several women whom consider the whole 'pink thing' sexist.
    Agreed on the magnum.

Quote Originally Posted by Cast Iron View Post
    Every gun real or not should be respected. I bought this gun to teach safety as much as shooting.
    Can't really recall squirt guns, etc. generally getting much respect ever - right or wrong.
    True, we were told to take them outside a time or two.
    IMO, a gun that looks like a toy in whatever fashion may need a little extra watching over/security. Sounds like you intend that.

Pink gun mistaken for toy:
    http://www.wistv.com/story/20967479/pink-gun-mistaken-for-toy-3-year-old-killed

From age 1 and maybe even before it was drilled into me “never point a gun at anything you don’t intend to destroy” and this went for cap guns, squirt guns and even finger guns. The early diligence has served me extremely well though I didn’t like it at the time. If we wanted a water fight we used balloons, buckets, cups. and the hose, growing up in Arizona we had water fights often. Oh, forgot the cattle drincher/wormer, the original Super Soaker . . . Like a big calking gun for those who may be farm tool impaired.

Teach them to respect all guns early and I also see no need for a mag . . . In fact a Red Rider or like BB gun should precede 22lr in the learning progression in my view.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I would not hesitate to buy a pink one for the young lady, heck my oldest granson still likes pink! Don't overlook the Henry lever acton 22 in youth model, smooth, affordable and reliable little gun.
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....