Thread: Log-Out Issue

Default Log-Out Issue

For some reason I am automatically logged out and this happens frequently. If I try to reply to a post and don't get my reply posted very, very quickly, when I hit the submit button I'm sent back to the log in page. Of course, whatever I had typed for a response is gone. Is this a setting issue?
    Thanks much!
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug in Alaska View Post
    For some reason I am automatically logged out and this happens frequently. If I try to reply to a post and don't get my reply posted very, very quickly, when I hit the submit button I'm sent back to the log in page. Of course, whatever I had typed for a response is gone. Is this a setting issue?
    Thanks much!
    Not sure if setting related....check your settings to see if you change to a different editor option to see if posting is more stable.
    Miscellaneous Options

Message Editor Interface:
    • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    • Basic Editor - A simple text box
    • Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.

I get this only when I forget to check the 'remember me' box below the login
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Man View Post
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Doug, See Grizzly Mans Comment. From my understanding this happens because of a default setting that the website has to prevent automatic spammers (robots) from annoying people with items. If you check the box when first signing in, this should prevent that. However Ive noticed if I forget to log out than I am on the site for days when I am not!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug in Alaska View Post
    Thanks much!

Thanks much, I'll give it a try!
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.