Thread: How . . ?

Default How . . ?

How can I delete uploaded graphics from my File Upload Manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    How can I delete uploaded graphics from my File Upload Manager?
    I e-mailed you (regular e-mail) a picture guide on how to do that.. I think that is what you are looking for. Let me know.

I've never played with it, but if the solution e-mailed to you doesn't work, let me know and I'll do some digging.

Question

Thanks, Stacey, but I think all that accomplishes is to remove the graphic from the particular post in which it appears, not from the File Upload Manager itself.

Not quite sure, but so it seems . . . maybe if the graphic appears only in one post rather than several . . otherwise not?

Brian . . ?

Thanks, Stacey, but I think all that accomplishes is to remove the graphic from the particular post in which it appears, not from the File Upload Manager itself.

Not quite sure, but so it seems . . . maybe if the graphic appears only in one post rather than several . . otherwise not?

Brian . . ?
    Are there pictures that are in your uploader that are not in that Misc option I told you about? A few weeks ago when I cleared out all my pictures from everywhere.. that was how I got rid of them.

Settings > Attachments (lower left)

Delete them from there and they become dead links in your posts, are removed from the group of hosted attachments shown in the uploader, which makes room to upload new ones.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Question

I've done the "manage attachments" thing, but there are graphics that I'd like to delete posted in threads with a "N/A" thing and the little delete box missing.

Stacey, totally lost on the "Misc. option" . .

What I'd like to be able to do is delete from the File Upload Manager . . can't see any other way since the option of deleting from Manage Attachments is not available for a number of threads.

Misc Option just meant the way that I had showed you in the e-mail.. which is the exact way other's are referring too as well. I understand what you are saying.. I think I had that frustration as well. I think I posted somewhere and wanted to delete those pictures and had the same problem you are having. But for some reason I don't see them in my file upload manager now, so I guess the problem figured itself out for me. I am wondering if it just takes time for the uploader to reset it self with the actions you have taken in the Misc>Attachment>delete photos option. I would like to see what happens and perhaps a better way to maneuver in that File Uploader pop-up box though.
    I've done the "manage attachments" thing, but there are graphics that I'd like to delete posted in threads with a "N/A" thing and the little delete box missing.

Stacey, totally lost on the "Misc. option" . .

What I'd like to be able to do is delete from the File Upload Manager . . can't see any other way since the option of deleting from Manage Attachments is not available for a number of threads.

Once 20 minutes have passed, members no longer have the ability to edit their posts. If you remove the original image file - whether from the file upload manager here or from a photo hosting site like photobucket - you'll be left with the red box or similar missing file icon.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    If you remove the original image file from the file upload manager . .

That's exactly what i'd like to know how to do:

Remove the original file from the File Upload Manager.

How do I do dat?

That's exactly what i'd like to know how to do:

Remove the original file from the File Upload Manager.

How do I do dat?
    Marcus, you do that as previously described. The files hosted in your settings > attachments manager are linked to the upload manager. Removing them from where they are hosted (the attachments manager) removes them from the upload manager display. I have done this several times as I have reached the limit of what the system allows (just like in our PM mailboxes). I don't believe they can be deleted from the upload manager display without deleting them where they actually reside, which is the attachments manager. I'm all ears for any alternative from Brian or anyone else.

That being said, I too have a couple in my attachments which are missing the select box which is utilized to delete them. This seems to be the result of some sort of corruption, for which I have no solution.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Marcus, you do that as previously described. The files hosted in your settings > attachments manager are linked to the upload manager. Removing them from where they are hosted (the attachments manager) removes them from the upload manager display. I have done this several times as I have reached the limit of what the system allows (just like in our PM mailboxes). I don't believe they can be deleted from the upload manager display without deleting them where they actually reside, which is the attachments manager. I'm all ears for any alternative from Brian or anyone else.

That being said, I too have a couple in my attachments which are missing the select box which is utilized to delete them. This seems to be the result of some sort of corruption, for which I have no solution.

No problem with paragraph one . . been there, done that, still doing it.

It's the posts missing the select box . . I think it has something to do with locking the thread . . some N/A threads have a box, some not.

No problem with paragraph one . . been there, done that, still doing it.

It's the posts missing the select box . . I think it has something to do with locking the thread . . some N/A threads have a box, some not.
    I just checked mine again and concur. All of mine which are unable to be deleted are posted in threads which are locked. Perhaps Brian would be able to delete those. (Or as is the case of the thread mine are linked to, just delete the entire locked thread which is utterly worthless (of course that's just my opinion)). This now looks like a programming script anomaly in that once a thread is locked we can no longer delete attachments/photos posted within that thread.

I think the "N/A" simply refers to a thread not originated by you. That's the pattern in my file anyway.
    #Resist

If you gentlemen need me to delete some stuff for you, send me a pm that is as detailed as possible and I'll see what I can do. No promises on speed, though - I'm not likely to get to it this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    If you gentlemen need me to delete some stuff for you, send me a pm that is as detailed as possible and I'll see what I can do. No promises on speed, though - I'm not likely to get to it this afternoon.
    There's no rush on my account. I think the greater service would be passing on to the programmer that bit about hosted images/attachments being abandoned when a thread is locked such that a user is prevented from deleting them from the attachments manager.
    #Resist