Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got put on delay...

Default Got put on delay...

Finally decided to buy a glock 20 as my first nice handgun, after owning a hi point 9mm in the past. and got a delay... i used my ss number but my evil twin did some mean **** to over 200 animals in idaho... oh well now come the waiting game...

Yep three day wait.Twins can be trouble for sure.Have a very good friend whos twin was a serial killer in three states and not only used Bobs SS but military ser# to hide in the VA. Good part is Bob helped the feds all he could and they imformed our local gunshop sales were OK. Yep they caught him and I think he died with about a year of lock-up

Fathers that name their son after them can also have problems,don't ask.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

So the law of unintended consequences says that this provides incentive to buy a bunch of guns at the same time.

(Had to notice that it's pretty challenging to find a G20 online these days but they've got 'em at Fred Meyers in Fairbanks, which is kind of funny)
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

You'll love the Glock 20, I really enjoy mine, carry it as a woods gun and have a .22lr conversion for cheap target practice and small game hunting. Only thing I want to do is get into reloading so I can shoot mine in 10mm a lot more. That is the only downfall is the price of the ammo if you want to shoot it alot, not bad if you reload.

If its a Gen 4 don't buy it yet. A couple of friends and I just bought 3 of them and all 3 are going back to Glock for fix/repair.

I have a gen 3 G20 like new I can sell ya, 2 15 round mags.

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    I have a gen 3 G20 like new I can sell ya, 2 15 round mags.
    It's an SF model too. Can stipple the grip also. Will be out in the valley next weekend. FYI, Gen 4 glock 20's can't use aftermarket Gen 3 parts/accessories. Checked out a Gen 4 today, no impressed for some reason. Bbl lug was def different, frame dimensions are too. Advantage arms .22lr kits said not for use w/ Gen 4 frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi L View Post
    Finally decided to buy a glock 20 as my first nice handgun, after owning a hi point 9mm in the past. and got a delay... i used my ss number but my evil twin did some mean **** to over 200 animals in idaho... oh well now come the waiting game...
    Heck I wish I had an evil twin out there doing things then it might explain why every other gun purchase of mine gets delayed due to the NICS check.

It's funny how some folks get hung up and others don't. I actually have a border conviction for not declaring a firearm in 1988. I failed to claim the serial numbered bolt action reciever (no bolt, no barrel) that was floating around in my tool box. At the tender age of 19 I had no clue that was considered a firearm. I plead guilty, payed the fine, and moved on. I fully expected that when NICS came about I would be delayed all the time. It hasn't happened once.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I get delayed every single time. And the delay almost always lasts about three hours before the approval comes through. After looking into it, I believe it is because I had a Top Secret clearance in the Marines, as I had access to some fancy techno-gizmos. Since, when I was discharged, my security clearance was "revoked," that comes up without the information behind the revocation when they run the check. Or at least that's what I have been told. When they process the thing further, it comes up that my clearance was revoked for leaving the military honorably intead of because I am a terrorist or some kind of nasty super-villain. Then, it gets approved.

MH our outfit was a bit deeper clearance wise so thats probably not the problem.Like names (John Smith ) give the biggest problems I've found or SS#'s just a few off from someone in question.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by woundedknee View Post
    If its a Gen 4 don't buy it yet. A couple of friends and I just bought 3 of them and all 3 are going back to Glock for fix/repair.
    Just wondering what kind of problems you and your friends are having with your 20 gen 4's? I also just purchased a gen 4 and have put 100 rounds thru it with no problems at all.
    The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

HOOAH

Any up pressure on the new ambi-mag will cause the slide to lock open with one round still in the mag. We tried older mags and they worked fine. Glock definitely says this is a problem but wouldn't admit to anything as of yet. The real kick in the stones was that even though the guns were less than 2 weeks old they wanted the customer to eat the shipping. 2 of us were able to convince them other wise but the 3rd guy was told too bad, we will look at the gun but you need to pay the shipping. Sportsmanswarehouse was kind enough to ship it for him (he did buy it there). Kudos to SW. I'll post with an update when we get our toys back.

Quote Originally Posted by REMF View Post
    Just wondering what kind of problems you and your friends are having with your 20 gen 4's? I also just purchased a gen 4 and have put 100 rounds thru it with no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by woundedknee View Post
    Any up pressure on the new ambi-mag will cause the slide to lock open with one round still in the mag. We tried older mags and they worked fine. Glock definitely says this is a problem but wouldn't admit to anything as of yet. The real kick in the stones was that even though the guns were less than 2 weeks old they wanted the customer to eat the shipping. 2 of us were able to convince them other wise but the 3rd guy was told too bad, we will look at the gun but you need to pay the shipping. Sportsmanswarehouse was kind enough to ship it for him (he did buy it there). Kudos to SW. I'll post with an update when we get our toys back.
    Wow that really sucks, I have had no issues with mine, about 250+ thru her now. I have shot mostly free hand but a few mags using sand bags with the mag resting on the bag and it has performed flawless. I will have to try and put direct upward pressure on the mag from below with my hand and see how she does.

I sure hope Glock has a fix for it.

Sorry for the thred hijack Levi, how long of a wait do you have?
    The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

HOOAH

Everytime I used to go in and purchase a firearm, I would get delayed anywhere between 3 days and 3 weeks. I have never been in any kind of trouble and I always put my SS# on the 4473 form. I do have a common name so that's the only thing that I could think of. So I called NICS and asked them to send me a VAF packet. I filled it out along with getting my fingerprint card done and sent it back into them. I now have a UPIN # and now I get approved everytime right away! The only thing that stunk was having to wait almost 3+ months for the UPIN # to get mailed to me. But it was worth the wait time!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooterassassin View Post
    Everytime I used to go in and purchase a firearm, I would get delayed anywhere between 3 days and 3 weeks. I have never been in any kind of trouble and I always put my SS# on the 4473 form. I do have a common name so that's the only thing that I could think of. So I called NICS and asked them to send me a VAF packet. I filled it out along with getting my fingerprint card done and sent it back into them. I now have a UPIN # and now I get approved everytime right away! The only thing that stunk was having to wait almost 3+ months for the UPIN # to get mailed to me. But it was worth the wait time!
    Hey Sharp,...tell us more about this, VAF,... stands for..?
    and UPIN,...??
    is that available to a standard civilian ?
    or is that former military paperwork ?

I get the 3day wait everytime,... Man I hate that for some reason
    is sure good to hear others having delays and possible explanations for it,...
    just as I thought I was the only one,....been wrackin'' my brain about that

"Was I standing in the background somewhere,...a mere passerby,...when some
    CIA guy was photographing some anti-govt. rally,....or maybe the fact that I've been to southern Califonia
    and keep returning now and then,..(?) I can see how that might look suspicious"
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

I had to do the same thing for some reason this never happened when i was stationed in florida but they have a 3 day handgun waiting period and I had a concealed carry license so I could take the gun the same day under the concealed carry law. I bought a bunch of guns in Alaska and then one day I got a delay for some reason or another. I had it happen at random because sometimes I could walk in buy and be good to go then other times get the delay. Anyhow I have a super common first and last name so I think that kicks up alot of crap and since Im Air Force and move around it doesnt help. I did the same Unique identification number process and have had no problems since then. pretty easy to do just slow process like Sharpshooterassassin said.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    Hey Sharp,...tell us more about this, VAF,... stands for..?
    and UPIN,...??
    is that available to a standard civilian ?
    or is that former military paperwork ?

I get the 3day wait everytime,... Man I hate that for some reason
    is sure good to hear others having delays and possible explanations for it,...
    just as I thought I was the only one,....been wrackin'' my brain about that

"Was I standing in the background somewhere,...a mere passerby,...when some
    CIA guy was photographing some anti-govt. rally,....or maybe the fact that I've been to southern Califonia
    and keep returning now and then,..(?) I can see how that might look suspicious"

VAF and UPIN are not Military. VAF is a Voluntary Appeals File. Essentially you give the NICS system "permission" to access more info about your self than the NICS system can legally access in a standard NICS check. It's a separate file... VAF. There is a place on the 4473 for your UPIN number which they use to access the VAF. I went through the VAF process a few years back after getting denied. I have had no problem once I got the UPIN.

Go here and follow the directions....

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nic...ppeals-process
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

If you do go through the process to get a UPIN # and when you fill out the 4473 form, make sure that you tell whomever is calling in to run your background check, that you have written down your UPIN # on the form. I've had counter guys just scan the 4473 form and not notice that I wrote down my UPIN #. Not a lot of people (that I know of) have gone through the process of getting one and sometimes the counter guy or gal will just call in your basic information and not specifically tell NICS that you have a UPIN #.

If you do go through the process to get a UPIN # and when you fill out the 4473 form, make sure that you tell whomever is calling in to run your background check, that you have written down your UPIN # on the form. I've had counter guys just scan the 4473 form and not notice that I wrote down my UPIN #. Not a lot of people (that I know of) have gone through the process of getting one and sometimes the counter guy or gal will just call in your basic information and not specifically tell NICS that you have a UPIN #.

Ya good call! The last gun I bought was the first time the FFL had dealt with the UPIN. I made sure he knew it was there and double checked that I written the number down correctly.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast