Thread: Manley Air Taxi?

Default Manley Air Taxi?

Anyone know of any company that flies out of Manley? After doing some research the only thing I could find was Hot Springs Aviation and I couldn't find any information other than the fact that they exist (maybe). I don't even know if they are an air taxi service. Thanks in advance for any help.

Why out of Manley (Hot Springs I'm assuming) instead of Fairbanks? I wouldn't pay for the drive in and out, what you'd spend in gas. There is probably a good reason there is no flight company in Manley - high costs. Available and affordable fuel, decent airport, etc. located in a place where there are things to be had. And the flight time is relatively negligible all things considered. Since I've started ground school more of this makes sense. A company has got to be where their business can get to them.

Default Why out of Manley?

I'm trying to plan a float trip that ends in Manley. Would be nice to drive to Manley, fly out, and have our vehicle waiting when we float back.

Quote Originally Posted by Here's to Life! View Post
    I'm trying to plan a float trip that ends in Manley. Would be nice to drive to Manley, fly out, and have our vehicle waiting when we float back.
    I know folks who do something similar to this.

They drive two vehicles (rent one if you don't have access to a second one) to the take out (Central/Circle/Eagle/Manley/Yukon River Bridge etc...) leaving the one needed for the return. Fuel prices and availability taken into consideration there's a good chance an air taxi out of Manely is going to be higher than one from Fairbanks.

Rick at Marina Air has both a Cessna 182 and a Beaver and flies all over that area.

Good luck on your trip!
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.

AKArcher

The best thing would be to have a flight company just pick you up in Manley. I don't think you'll find one based there. Now, pick a flight company that is familiar with where you want to be dropped off; that is probably the most important aspect of your trip - other than picking your float.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlander View Post
    The best thing would be to have a flight company just pick you up in Manley. I don't think you'll find one based there. Now, pick a flight company that is familiar with where you want to be dropped off; that is probably the most important aspect of your trip - other than picking your float.
    Good idea! I didn't even think about doing it that way. Thanks!

If you are going to get picked up in Manley you'll need to arrange transportation from the boat launch on the Tanana up the road a few miles or so or so to the air strip. I suppose one might be able to row/paddle back up Hot Springs slough to the air strip but that would be water level dependent.

A float that ends in Manly? Hmmm...

Anyway, yea.. you are going to pay a round trip... cheaper from Fairbanks to Fairbanks, than Manly back to Manly... as was suggested.