Thread: Lee Factory Crimp die for .45 ACP

Default Lee Factory Crimp die for .45 ACP

Just wondering if anyone has a Lee Factory crimp die for .45 ACP that they don't need anymore and might be willing to sell? Figured I'd look on here before ordering one online.

Thanks guys!

Well, didn't get any replies so I ordered on online : )

It works too good to give up. You won't be disapointed
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

i have heard that you don't want to crimp a semi-auto pistol shell.....what are your experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    i have heard that you don't want to crimp a semi-auto pistol shell.....what are your experiences?
    .45 ACP headspaces off the case mouth so you'll want a slight taper crimp. My experiences are the Lee FCD works very well. Don't overdo it and you'll be fine.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

What Doug said is correct, being new to reloading this info comes to me from friends who have been doing it for quite some time. I have one coming from Midway USA since my buddy decided he needed his back. : )

A lot of ole time competitive shooters never taper crimped their loads and they never experienced any problems at all shooting great scores at 50 yards but I would say a vast majority of 45ACP reloaders today taper crimp their loads anywhere from 0.468 to 0.471. Myself, I use the Redding profile crimp and taper crimp to 0.4695 or 0.470 depending upon the case length - because I don't trim 45 ACP brass it will vary a little.

I don't care much for the Lee Factory Crimp Die but if it works for you - that's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    You always want some crimp on anything used in an auto, without a crimp you run the risk of a bullet stuff overpressure. Lee FCD works great as does the Redding profile crimp if you want to spend more. The normal taper crimp dies that come with all 45acp dies also will work fine so just a matter of what a guy likes.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona