Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Duckworth Build

Default 2013 Duckworth Build

Well fellas, looks like spring has come early for at least one Duckling... Just got word our new 28 Duckworth Offshore is starting to hatch in Clarkston, Washington! After spending the last 2 years crawling around all the aluminum boats I could get my feet on and talking with some great builders and dealers, we are finally are getting a chance to see our family boat come together. Thought I'd post some pictures to help pass the time as we get through the remainder of this winter. If all goes as planned, she should be on the barge arriving in Seward around the end of May. The wife and I spent countless hours trying to come up with a good name until finally our young son said, how about "Nautical Nonsense" like the song on Sponge Bob! And so it shall be!

image(2).jpgNautical Nonsense 001.jpg

Default 2013 Duck

And here's a couple more...

Attachment 68595 Attachment 68596

Congrats on the new boat. You made a great choice by going with Duckworth. They are super nice boats. Are you getting anything special built in this one? Love the name too.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by Fullboat View Post
    Well fellas, looks like spring has come early for at least one Duckling... Just got word our new 28 Duckworth Offshore is starting to hatch in Clarkston, Washington! After spending the last 2 years crawling around all the aluminum boats I could get my feet on and talking with some great builders and dealers, we are finally are getting a chance to see our family boat come together. Thought I'd post some pictures to help pass the time as we get through the remainder of this winter. If all goes as planned, she should be on the barge arriving in Seward around the end of May. The wife and I spent countless hours trying to come up with a good name until finally our young son said, how about "Nautical Nonsense" like the song on Sponge Bob! And so it shall be!

image(2).jpgNautical Nonsense 001.jpg
    This should be a very informative thread so thanks for posting up. We haven't had a Duckworth boat build thread here before that I know of. I'd be very curious why you chose duckworth as I'm constantly looking to upgrade our 26ft Hewes. Can you tell us why you chose DW over the other builders such as Hewes, Wooly, Raider, etc?

Also, I'm just as happy to hear someone else knows sponge bob well enough to name their boat after it. It's embarrassing how well I know that cartoon.

Congrats on the new rig and I can't wait to see more photos.

Thanks Rob! Nothing too custom, just tried to balance our "must have's" with the "nice to have's". Momma wanted a marine head and I wanted a decent sized back deck for fishing, shrimping and hunting so that's how we ended up going with a 28. I also wanted an aft station with digital controls so we're hanging a pair of Yamaha 225 Offshore's on her. Thought long and hard about waiting for the new Yamaha 200 4 cylinders but kinda liked the idea of the extra cubic inches so we went with the Offshores. Will probably regret it when I'm at the fuel dock but what the heck. Got the dynette conversion for the boy's bed and put a Wallace Furnace in her to keep the windows clear and the boat warm. Decided against installing a marine stove or fridge for now. I'm happy cooking on a portable propane stove and the propane grill and always have ice on board for beer and fish. Tried to set her up for no-frills when I'm fishing and hunting with the fellas but can bring along the portable stove, water heater, and generator when I have the bride on board. Plus I figured it would easier to pull everything off at the end of the season.

Sweeeeet. Looking in forward to seeing the build.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

I decided on the Duck because I really like the ride and the lines of the boat. For a 26-28 foot boat, they are very responsive and impressed me when I got a chance to run one. I also liked the looks of the welds and the fit and finish. I've spent a lot of time in assorted Hewes Crafts and they are great boats and probably the most afforable for what you get for the price but I wanted something with a more agressive deadrise, an aluminum self-bailing deck, and a keel that included the outboard bracket. I really like the Northriver and the Wooldridge but the Duck just seemed to fit us better. My wife liked the interior of the Kingfisher and felt the Wooly and Northriver were too "utilitarian" but she liked the Duck and I wasn't about to argue! The Wooldridge guys were awesome while we were looking and super helpful both in person and on the forums. I narrowed it down to the Duck, NR, and Wooly but the lines of the Duck won me over. Of course I considered the Weldcraft Cuddy too (same hull as the Duck) but I like the 3 cabin windows and the jog up near the beginning of the bow of the Duck. Each of them had something I liked over the other but I couldn't afford all three!

Looking good there....Duckworth is just down the road from me, maybe I'll go by and give it a close up look a time or two! Duckworth has been making great river boats here for a long time, didn't know they even made an offshore boat. From the picture it looks like a really wide beam. Those motors should move it right along for sure, and I would bet you could get up on step with just one, if you have trouble maybe 10 or 15 years from now! Great name and glad your family is all into this with you!

WOW! I wanted to have a look at what a Duckworth Offshore might look like so googled images and got a whole page, towards the bottom there are a bunch of other boats, but lots of the Duckworth offshore boats here, and I am impressed!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=Duck...ih=929#imgrc=_

Ok, patrickl.... lead us all in a round of Nautical Nonsense.

OHHHH...
    Who lives in a pineapple under the sea
    SpongeBob SquarePants
    Absorbent and yellow and porous is he
    SpongeBob SquarePants
    If nautical nonsense is something you wish
    SpongeBob SquarePants
    Then jump on the deck and flop like a fish
    SpongeBob SquarePants

Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    Ok, patrickl.... lead us all in a round of Nautical Nonsense.

OHHHH...
    Who lives in a pineapple under the sea
    SpongeBob SquarePants
    Absorbent and yellow and porous is he
    SpongeBob SquarePants
    If nautical nonsense is something you wish
    SpongeBob SquarePants
    Then jump on the deck and flop like a fish
    SpongeBob SquarePants
    Not a chance. Sounds like you know it better then I anyway. Hey, at least the show regularly has boats and fish in it.

Keep the pics and details coming Fullboat!

Default 2013 Duckworth Build Cont.

Here's a couple more build pics of the Nautical Nonsense. These were from two weeks ago but we took off to DC for spring break so I've been slow getting anything posted. Don't have anything yet from last week's progress but will post a couple when I get them.

Nautical Nonsense 004.jpgNautical Nonsense 005.jpg

Too much, I'd rather have a old camo Lund. ;o)

Shiny

sent from my igloo

Quote Originally Posted by Cresent Hills View Post
    Too much, I'd rather have a old camo Lund. ;o)
    There are days I would agree so we kept it!

DSC02896.jpg

Awesome, glad to hear. that is a cool ol boat in its own right.

Ya'll gotta read " Mickey Mouse and His Boat"...just got my new copy from Amazon to keep on my boat, that pic of Fullboat and his boy in post 15 can tell you why!!

Default 2013 Duckworth Build Cont.

WOW. That's a bright boat. Love it. She sure is one great looking boat.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

That boat is striking in red! Is the side of the hull a decal or paint?

Sobie2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast