Thread: What Motor?

Default What Motor?

I got a boat last fall for a good price (free) and am figuring out what motor to get. I was planning at least a 35hp and no more than a 50hp.
    She's about 16ft long, fiberglass, and V-hull.

What's your opinion? Don't hold back either, she was free remember

I would say 50 horse...still have the hull placard that notes maximum horsepower? However, with all the 35's out there you could probably have it powered for under $1,500.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

You can't beat free! You looking for new or used? Shoot me a pm if your looking for new. We have good deals on all Mercury engines at the moment. If the glass is still solid, a new steering helm, controls, engine and seats should be all you need. We have some good used seats that would work if your interested as well.

looks like my first boat 30 years ago. A Pacific Mariner Dagger 16' I ran a Merc 90 hp Tower Of Power on her and scared the **** out of myself and anyone who rode in her. Good Times

Looking for used right now. Want to figure out what I like and dislike before spending too much lol.
    I didn't see any placards for engine or weight rating, figured 50hp would be a safe bet.

The controls all still work fine. Just need new wiring and cleaned up for the most part.

Emblem on the dash says Wildcat. But I couldn't find much information about them. Plan on using it for a lake boat. I'm a little Leary about a fiberglass V in most of our rivers.

sent from my igloo

Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    I'm a little Leary about a fiberglass V in most of our rivers.

sent from my igloo

Yeah thats a recipie for disaster in most cases. Hell Ive even hit good logs in lakes up here. Gotta be careful with fiberglass.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Ak cowboy...check your in box...pm sent..or at least tried to.