Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fundraiser for family of former member hiline

Default Fundraiser for family of former member hiline

Longtime forum member "hiline," Chuck Lamb, who lives in the bush with his wife Jenny and two children, Jedidiah and Ezekiel, and was a solid contributor to this site, died tragically last fall. He was at the time working on completing their new cabin at Hiline Lake. With the loss of Jenny's husband, and the young boys' father, Jenny now needs some financial help so that they can afford to finish the cabin and stay at Hiline Lake. She and the boys are currently in town with friends and family helping them through their loss.

From Jenny: "Any donations will be used to get the cabin built so that the boys and I can continue living out there. It's just a simple 24' x 36' three-sided log cabin. Nothing fancy. But, I'll need to purchase quite a few materials, fly in gas for the chainsaws, generator and probably snow machine use. I'll buy extra food for folks who come to help. There will be a cabin available for people to stay in while out there this spring. Anything that can't be hauled in by snow machine in March will have to be flown in."

The Alaska Outdoors Forum and Jenny ask for your help. By clicking on the DONATE link below, you can make a donation via credit or debit card, or via a paypal account. You DO NOT have to have a paypal account to donate, and the site is completely secure. Thank you to all who participate on this site, and for any contributions toward helping a former contributing member's family.

Brian,
    Do you have Jenny's contact info? PM it to me or ask her the following.
    I could donate some air freight. Even a couple loads is pretty spendy now a days.
    Need to know if they have a decent strip in on the ice or if its virgin powder though.

KA

I'll be ready to haul when you all call. Have three people and three frieght sleds ready to go!

I don't personally have the contact info, but I know of a member or two who has been in touch with the family. I'll make sure that someone gets with you on that very generous offer.

I'm thinking that if Jenny could provide a mailing address she would get even more donations. Not a physical location, just a PO box.

Don't know where that is at but I'm curious if anyone has thought about putting together a snow machine trip and work party type weekend? I'd be up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Don't know where that is at but I'm curious if anyone has thought about putting together a snow machine trip and work party type weekend? I'd be up for that.
    Keep in touch on this thread. There will be a trip soon!

Just an fyi, Hiline Lake is about 65 air miles west of Anchorage out in Unit 16.

Hoping Jenny and the boys get plenty of donations from the AOD community, I know they need that as much as they need the physical help. Let's all step up and do what we can.

AK-HUNT, pm coming your way.

tustumena_lake;]I'm thinking that if Jenny could provide a mailing address she would get even more donations. Not a physical location, just a PO box.

If anyone wanted to donate with a check . Make ckeck out to Chuck Lamb Donation Account mail to P.O. Box 876891 Wasilla Ak.99687.
    Thanks to everyone for support in this effort to help Jenny and tha Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Our boys' scout group was originally planning a snow machine trip down the Denali Hwy March 14th-16th, but there is no room at the inn for them.

I'll PM you, Limon32, and maybe you can work something out with my husband and our scout master. The boys would be great and would love some volunteer hours, I'm sure.
    Lurker.

I'll keep a watch out for a PO box address to send a donation. A sad and tragic event...I'll also be keeping the family in my prayers!

Quote Originally Posted by Skookum View Post
    I'll keep a watch out for a PO box address to send a donation. A sad and tragic event...I'll also be keeping the family in my prayers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bend View Post
    If anyone wanted to donate with a check . Make ckeck out to Chuck Lamb Donation Account mail to P.O. Box 876891 Wasilla Ak.99687.
    Look no further.

I've never been accused of being the sharpest knife in the drawer...Thanks mod elan. It's sent out out as I type.

Quote Originally Posted by COtoAK View Post
    Our boys' scout group was originally planning a snow machine trip down the Denali Hwy March 14th-16th, but there is no room at the inn for them.

I'll PM you, Limon32, and maybe you can work something out with my husband and our scout master. The boys would be great and would love some volunteer hours, I'm sure.
    COtoAK, That would be great! I am on break now but will PM you tonight!

We just made our donation and I hope lots of others do as well. Pay Pal makes it very quick and easy!

After thaw my family and I could join a work party if we had transportation to their cabin....?

Is there a PO BOX where a money order can be sent, or any other form of payment accepted? I refuse to use paypal due to their anti-firearms stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Is there a PO BOX where a money order can be sent, or any other form of payment accepted? I refuse to use paypal due to their anti-firearms stance.
    Look at the posts above yours, Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bend View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    The Alaska Outdoors Forum and Jenny ask for your help. By clicking on the DONATE link below, you can make a donation via credit or debit card, or via a paypal account. You DO NOT have to have a paypal account to donate, and the site is completely secure. Thank you to all who participate on this site, and for any contributions toward helping a former contributing member's family.

The paypal link is an image link. Is there an account name or a direct link for paypal?

Quote Originally Posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
    The paypal link is an image link. Is there an account name or a direct link for paypal?
    Never mind...sorry. got it to work on another browser.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast