Thread: 4 stroke service

Default 4 stroke service

Can anyone give me the proper techniques to use for servicing my honda 30 hp 4 stroke. I wanna get the oil changed and do the gear lube etc but wanna DIY it since I just dropped a bunch of coin churchin up the old motor for sale. Anything would be helpful. Im a mechanic but not familiar with boat motors at all.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Can anyone give me the proper techniques to use for servicing my honda 30 hp 4 stroke. I wanna get the oil changed and do the gear lube etc but wanna DIY it since I just dropped a bunch of coin churchin up the old motor for sale. Anything would be helpful. Im a mechanic but not familiar with boat motors at all.
    It is the owners manual if you have one. If you don't you can download one here: http://marine.honda.com/owners/manuals

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    It is the owners manual if you have one. If you don't you can download one here: http://marine.honda.com/owners/manuals

I hope this helps.
    This is exactly what I was looking for. I guess I need to reevaluate my skills on the usage of the google machine. I couldnt find squat earlier. Thanks.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Give us another chirp if you have any questions after reading the owner's manual...it's really pretty straightforward.