Thread: August Trip - Homer

Default August Trip - Homer

Hi all - I am looking at spending a week in Homer around Aug 11-18 or so, will there be an oportunity for shore fishing in Homer at this time? Also, what is everyone's experience with Bob's Trophy Charters? I am looking at doing 4-5 days worth of charters for salmon and halibut. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

You should definetly find some shore fishing. Especially off the beach at lands end for cod,flounder,etc. Possibly even silver salmon.
    There may also be some silvers in the fishing hole but I am not sure when that run shows up.
    I don't use charters but a coworker of mine used Bob's Trophy Charters a few years ago and he said he was happy with the experience.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

If you are going to do salmon halibut combos make sure you are on a 6 pac. Great Captains on all of thier boats.

Dry onto the Homer spit and follow it to the end. Behind the hotel and next to the peir is some great fishing. I caught 20 fish in an hours time last year! Just make sure you hit it an hour prior to low tide and cast out as far as possible with some herring. Good luck!

I really need to re-read before i post! I meant drive onto the homer spit!

The only thing you need to remember about location shore fishing in Homer is the adage "the end of the road".
    Charter fishing there is equally well done.

Dudak Hole is chancy; sometimes good/sometimes not so good, but easily worth a try if you are tide-flow smart.

Charming place. I've done it all the way from hard-ground camping as a Spit Rat, to total pay-for-it luxury at Land's End...

Rosenberg; Sarasota, FL / Kodiak, AK
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

what kind of fish you catch? and u meant Go Niners right?

i do fish processing in the summer and work with several captain and guides. If you want to know where to fish or stay give me a call 907-399-0623.

thanks for the offer, looking like a change of plans and now looking at Seward instead, but will add you to my contacts! cheers!